Incredibles 2

As crazy as the box office numbers are going to be, I’m trying not to read too much into it because I don’t want to jinx this, this is insane and it’s fun to see how high, I just don’t want my preconceived fear that me reading super into it will rhino the momentum, a+ Cinemascore and all (which is wild, considering how rare that is. For both incredibles films to have that score, wow. I was just expecting an a only because of everyone else, just because I thought it was an a+ personally doesn’t mean everyone else thought so)

I do just have one question for those who saw it: Did bao disturb anyone else when
the mom ate her child???. I thought I was going to be too traumatized to enjoy the movie by that
Edit: ok I didn’t read above. Just want to hear more opinions to what I experienced

Anywho I loved this, personally a lot better than the first, especially when it came to how the film is played out, it just plays out better in my eyes.

Last edited:
So let's discuss.

Use a spoiler tag if you want to discuss spoilers.

I saw this yesterday in a sold out theater.

First, I feel I need to say that the original was never my favorite Pixar movie, it was solidly in the middle of the pack.

That being said, my favorite things from the original carried over. The music, the art style, the setting.

I enjoyed elastigirl being at the forefront of this movie. I also enjoyed jack Jack.

I didn't think the plot was super strong. The villain was very obvious, I don't think it has as strong of a 'coming together as a family message' as the first had.

I didn't think there was a lot of character growth.

I did enjoy watching it, though I probably don't need to see it again for a while.

I did appreciate that they didn't go overboard with Edna, since that is a character who is excellent in small doses.

Did anyone else think that the family at the end, while people were watching the screens, reminded them of the spaceship earth family whose watching the moon landing, or was that just me?

Coming out of our theater, we were next to a mom and her maybe 6-7 year old daughter. The daughter said she 'hated it'. The mom told her she didn't really think it was a kid's movie and I have to agree.

I thought it was incredibly dark in places, in tone and style.

Also, holy Batman this movie needs a seizure warning in front of it. There were several moments that were making me look away. So many flashing lights.

All that said, pretty sure the movie will make tons of money and be a big success. However, I do think it lacked the heart of the original and I hope they don't push for another movie.

Agree with a lot of this. My kids (11, 8) loved it. I too thought it a bit dark in places. The politics were glaringly obvious and the plot a bit weak in places. But, it was funny and DH and I enjoyed Jack Jack.

Last edited:
I definitely could’ve done without bao, especially since the movie is 2 hours long it really didn’t need a short with it. Not realizing the length we went to the drive in and got home with the kids at midnight!

I loved the movie itself. I was a little worried it would be like cars 3 or planes 2, but I thought it really did the franchise justice. Jack jack stole the show!

My only complaint was the couple bad words they through in there. The on mentioned as well as hell. Yes, I know they really aren’t that bad, but it’s not like the movie gains by having it in there and I’m sure no one would miss it if it weren’t in there. Just not necessary to me.

Either way it will definitely be a movie I will watch again when it comes out on Blu-ray!

Regarding an earlier mention of the need for a warning about the strobe effects in the film, the front doors of our theater had printed warnings taped to them stating that people with photosensitive epilepsy may wish to not view Incredibles 2 due to the scenes with strobe effects!

Since I often shoot indoor youth sports with mounted strobe systems and often fire multiple frames per minute, I've had to deal with people generally bothered by them stating that I shouldn't use them because "it could cause someone to have a seizure." So I've done some reading on the matter. My random firing shouldn't be a problem because people with photosensitive epilepsy require a series of steady timed flashes of light at their personal "trigger frequency". For most people it's between 5 and 30 strobes a second. In watching Incredibles tonight, I was surprised that the effects lasted as long as they did, but I think they do switch the frequency at intervals... but I'd like to see it again to be sure.
I realize that such strobe effects might give people headaches instead of seizures, but it will be interesting to see if these strobe effects become a public issue about the film.

Update: I Googled the topic and it appears that Disney has asked theaters to post the warnings after a social media post went viral by a woman claiming that they "could" trigger a long list of issues without any actual reports of it happening. She stated that a family member determined they flash frequency was "up to 3 times a second". If true, based on what I've read, that would generally considered safe for even people with photosensitive epilepsy.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the movie immensely. Loved Bao. I need a plush baby bao now:) It felt very nostalgic to see the sequel. My husband and I were visiting Italy when Gli Incredibli, as it was called in Italian, came out. It was a year before our son was born. He's 12 now. It was really cool to be seeing with him in the theater. Again, the story, animation, and music were fantastic. I really liked how the animation was obviously better, but not so better that the original seems bad.

I love Violet. She's one of the best characters ever.

Bao was weird, but once you realize it was a dream it's a little less weird.

Thanks for all the reviews! Incredibles was never one of my favorites, I will probably skip and wait til it comes out to rent.

I still wish Coco got the love it deserves. It's now on Netflix so I watched it again, so fantastic. :)

I will post my Incredibles 2 comments later, but I had to chime in right now with my YES! Coco is so wonderful! It is my #2 Pixar movie by just a hair (Up still holds #1). I can watch Coco over and over.

Incredibles 2 after my first viewing is sitting at #12 on my Pixar list (I have the original at 8 or 9 - I've had a hard time ranking that part of the list). I enjoyed it but don't need to see it again until the Blu-ray comes out.

Regarding an earlier mention of the need for a warning about the strobe effects in the film, the front doors of our theater had printed warnings taped to them stating that people with photosensitive epilepsy may wish to not view Incredibles 2 due to the scenes with strobe effects!

Since I often shoot indoor youth sports with mounted strobe systems and often fire multiple frames per minute, I've had to deal with people generally bothered by them stating that I shouldn't use them because "it could cause someone to have a seizure." So I've done some reading on the matter. My random firing shouldn't be a problem because people with photosensitive epilepsy require a series of steady timed flashes of light at their personal "trigger frequency". For most people it's between 5 and 30 strobes a second. In watching Incredibles tonight, I was surprised that the effects lasted as long as they did, but I think they do switch the frequency at intervals... but I'd like to see it again to be sure.
I realize that such strobe effects might give people headaches instead of seizures, but it will be interesting to see if these strobe effects become a public issue about the film.

Update: I Googled the topic and it appears that Disney has asked theaters to post the warnings after a social media post went viral by a woman claiming that they "could" trigger a long list of issues without any actual reports of it happening. She stated that a family member determined they flash frequency was "up to 3 times a second". If true, based on what I've read, that would generally considered safe for even people with photosensitive epilepsy.

Thank you for posting this information. Interestingly, the woman whose social media went viral is apparently visually impaired and heard a mention of lights on the visual description she was listening to with the movie. She then had family members watch for lights.
The ‘general’ recommendation for people who experience disorientation, dizziness or motion sickness related to light is to close their eyes since those seem to be most related to a mismatch of messages sent to the brain by the eyes (movement) and the inner ear (no or different movement).

This is an edit of information I wrote a long time ago about flashing lights on the disABILITIES FAQs thread. The same is generally true for people who get migraines from lights.

Most people think of strobe lights when they think of seizures, but most people with seizures don't have any problems with strobe lights.
Many people call any flashing light a strobe light, but true strobe lights actually flash quickly and rhythmically on a regular pattern.
Lights that are irregularly flashing are a different situation.

Most true strobe lights flash many times per second, but slowing to 5 flashes per second or less means that the majority of even photosensitive epileptics are not going to have a problem.
Only about 3-7% of people with epilepsy are photosensitive and have problems with lights; of those, only about 5% would have a problem with a light flashing 5 times per second or less.
This is something to talk to your doctor with, but in for most people with epilepsy, flashing lights are something to be aware of, but are not likely to cause a problem.

If you do encounter flashing lights and are concerned, the Epilepsy Foundation recommends covering one eye and turning/looking away from the direct source of light. The reason for covering only one eye and looking away from the direct light is to prevent both eyes from sending exactly the same information to the brain.

I will be seeing Incredibles 2 with someone who experiences motion sickness and with someone with epilepsy whose seizures are not well controlled.

I am no music expert, but the music playing when they first visited Devtech sounded *really* familiar - like Spaceship Earth or some other Epcot ride. Anyone else? I looked up the music and there was no mention of that being the case. So, maybe it just was inspired by an attraction in Epcot...

I am no music expert, but the music playing when they first visited Devtech sounded *really* familiar - like Spaceship Earth or some other Epcot ride. Anyone else? I looked up the music and there was no mention of that being the case. So, maybe it just was inspired by an attraction in Epcot...

There was a part I was pretty sure had music from a Disney ride, though I can’t remember which now... I feel like it was Space Mountain

Also pretty sure Elastigirl’s motorcycle has speeder bike sounds from Star Wars

I thought that too, but maybe it sounded like the Soarin exit music.

There was a part I was pretty sure had music from a Disney ride, though I can’t remember which now... I feel like it was Space Mountain

Also pretty sure Elastigirl’s motorcycle has speeder bike sounds from Star Wars

Michael Giacchino, who did the score, has also done the score for some of the Star Wars movies, including Rogue One. He has a lot of Disney/Pixar/Star Wars ties now. He did either the current or the previous Space Mountain soundtrack at Disneyland too.

Saw the movie last night - hestitant tonfullynjudge the movie as it was at the drive in and hard to just focus on the movie with the kids being distracted and just sort of the “party” atmosphere ... but my initial take is that it was good/not great

Definitely enjoyable and great actions scenes. Enjoyed Jack Jack stuff. Overall just didn’t capture me like other Pixar movies have

I think I found the most compelling story angle to be with Mr Incredible and his thought process about what he personally wants vs greater good, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!