Incredibles 2

Saw Incredibles this morning in a PACKED theater. I mean, 11 am this theater didn't have an empty seat. I loved it. My husband and daughter loved it. There was a ton of applause at the end of the film. I really like the story arc for Helen.

The only noticable thing was during Bao I heard tons of kids asking questions like, "what is going on here?" There was a lot of confusion at first. And then a ton of audible gasps and a couple of crying when she ate him. Once it became clear what was going on there were lots of parents trying to explain the whole thing. I loved Bao, but I'm not sure setting it in front of Incredibles was the best decision in terms of audience.

What politics were glaringly obvious? I usually notice stuff like that and I didn't catch any of that

Politics was probably the wrong word, more social issues I guess... the whole women's empowerment feel, I mean... "Screenslaver" etc... Not that I disagree with the message behind screenslaver, lol, but... just obvious stuff like that.

Saw it with my son (almost 6 yo) this weekend.

It was great .. as good as the first and I really how it just continues where the last one leaves off and continues the whole "Supers are illegal" storyline. Great combination of action, humor and "family" storylines.

My son loved it.

A few things:

1) The choice of BAO for the short not the best in my opinion. Way too serious of story and tone and an ending that made every kid in the theatre go "Why?" or get upset.
I personally found it touching and sad, like a lot of Pixar stuff, but the meaning was just over the kid's heads I think. Pixar can make touching, funny shorts without being so deep. My son usually likes all the Disney and Pixar shorts (and always asks to see them after we watch the movies on disc), but I doubt he would want to re-watch this one.

2) Way scarier than the first one. Not a bad thing .. but was not expecting such a "serious" or scary bad guy. I had a feeling with the trailers where I saw him in, so I warned my son (and there was hiding of eyes in the huge scary scene), My son also finds it disturbing when good guys get hypnotized/magicked into being bad guys. I mean, its a plot device that has been used over time (because it works), but hard for young kids to understand that and really hits my son hard.

Saw it with my son (almost 6 yo) this weekend.

It was great .. as good as the first and I really how it just continues where the last one leaves off and continues the whole "Supers are illegal" storyline. Great combination of action, humor and "family" storylines.

My son loved it.

A few things:

1) The choice of BAO for the short not the best in my opinion. Way too serious of story and tone and an ending that made every kid in the theatre go "Why?" or get upset.
I personally found it touching and sad, like a lot of Pixar stuff, but the meaning was just over the kid's heads I think. Pixar can make touching, funny shorts without being so deep. My son usually likes all the Disney and Pixar shorts (and always asks to see them after we watch the movies on disc), but I doubt he would want to re-watch this one.

2) Way scarier than the first one. Not a bad thing .. but was not expecting such a "serious" or scary bad guy. I had a feeling with the trailers where I saw him in, so I warned my son (and there was hiding of eyes in the huge scary scene), My son also finds it disturbing when good guys get hypnotized/magicked into being bad guys. I mean, its a plot device that has been used over time (because it works), but hard for young kids to understand that and really hits my son hard.

I wonder if both these points have to do with the 14 year gap between the films and given that fans of the first are now older they thought they could go in more "adult" themes for the short and up the scariness of the film. I saw a lot of jokes on Facebook of people saying they have waited 14 years for this film and don't want any kids ruining the experience for them

I guess with Bao specifically, what animated movie would it be appropriate to be in front of if not this one?

Bao was a little on the creepy side ...

One nine year old did claim she didn't like the flashing lights. All three kids seemed to enjoy the movie, but they weren't overly excited and raving about it. I enjoyed it, probably more than some Disney movies. I thought the ending was a little weak / abrupt.

Last edited:
Bao was a little on the creepy side ... I mean she ***spoiler***?!?

One nine year old did claim she didn't like the flashing lights. All three kids seemed to enjoy the movie, but they weren't overly excited and raving about it. I enjoyed it, probably more than some Disney movies. I thought the ending was a little weak / abrupt.

Careful with the spoilers. Not everyone has seen it.

Loved the incredibles. Equal to the first. Went in with high expectations and they were met.

Really enjoyed the movie. We saw it for Father's Day, and the place was packed.
Other than Dash, he has become quite the brat. He trashes the house and won't stop, then does the same thing with Dad's car.

Didn't enjoy the short.
Way too creepy for me. And too dark for a movie like the Incredibles. I heard too many parents having to explain it to their children.

I get migraines. Flashing lights will give me one. So, when they happened, I played like a kid watching a scary movie and put my face in my sweatshirt and then covered my eyes with my hands. It was totally dark and I had no problems. They all seemed pretty long.

I didn't find it political, at all.

We plan on seeing it tonight. Although I’m seeing some things online about there being some profanity used so that’s got me 2nd guessing taking our 2 yr old. Would you be able to comment on that? Thanks!

I could have done without the profanity. I took my girls (7 and 3 to see the movie over the weekend). I'm not a prude, but I don't generally allow my kids to watch things with profanity. I have enough issues without being called to the school or daycare to discuss why my kid is using colorful language. I liked the movie overall. I suppose the language could have been worse. There were definitely two instances with profanity and a few other questionable phrases. I really wasn't expecting it from a Pixar film.

I could have done without the profanity. I took my girls (7 and 3 to see the movie over the weekend). I'm not a prude, but I don't generally allow my kids to watch things with profanity. I have enough issues without being called to the school or daycare to discuss why my kid is using colorful language. I liked the movie overall. I suppose the language could have been worse. There were definitely two instances with profanity and a few other questionable phrases. I really wasn't expecting it from a Pixar film.
What profanity?

What profanity?

From my earlier post for those who were curious:

I can point out the "profanity" for anyone who wants to know: One was mentioned already, and it's a lot like "darn." The other is a very brief word, "Cr--," that refers to a bodily function. I'll put the quote in spoiler tags.
"I'm Mr. Incredible! I eat thunder and cr-- lightning!"
It's actually barely audible.

Those are the only instances that I can recall.

I can point out the "profanity" for anyone who wants to know: One was mentioned already, and it's a lot like "darn." The other is a very brief word, "Cr--," that refers to a bodily function. I'll put the quote in spoiler tags.

I also recall at one point Frozone saying something like "what the ...." and doesn't finish it but that is a typical saying that would include profanity

These and at one point a character says, we will promote the he** out of it.

Of course, there are worse things that could have been said, but this is a movie marketed toward kids. I was a bit surprised by this...as was my 7 year old. My three year old didn't even notice at least I don't think she did.

@rteetz we had a similar sign at our theater yesterday. The local news has also covered the strobes in the movie at every newscast the last day or so. Glad they are letting people know.

Great film. One the best Pixar sequels, as good as Toy Story 2.

Besides the other instances of near-profanity mentioned, I heard a character come very close to saying "shi __" and trailing off ... or getting covered up by a sound effect ... in a way that sounded like the real thing.

We took our 4 and 7 year old girls to see it Friday night and we all loved it! Great movie for sure :) The short before the movie made the whole theater gasp lol.

Really enjoyed the movie. We saw it for Father's Day, and the place was packed.
Other than Dash, he has become quite the brat. He trashes the house and won't stop, then does the same thing with Dad's car.

Didn't enjoy the short.
Way too creepy for me. And too dark for a movie like the Incredibles. I heard too many parents having to explain it to their children.

I get migraines. Flashing lights will give me one. So, when they happened, I played like a kid watching a scary movie and put my face in my sweatshirt and then covered my eyes with my hands. It was totally dark and I had no problems. They all seemed pretty long.

I didn't find it political, at all.
I am somewhat with you here...

My wife, daughter and her friend loved the movie. I too really, really liked it, as much as the first. We saw it Saturday before Father's day.

What I LOVED - was watching Bob grow into his role(if you ever had to do this as a Dad, you know what I mean...) and loved how they showed Violet maturing through the movie. Agree on you POV on Dash.

I thought the short before was really fitting, and yes we all had the same OMG moment, but to me it all made very good sense.

Overall, loved the action in this movie, and the way it flowed overall. Loved how they balanced the action on Supers, and the family transitions for the Parr's.

overall LOVED this movie...and hope there is a 3rd version

don't forget the Underminer is still running around.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter