Incredibles 2

So let's discuss.

Use a spoiler tag if you want to discuss spoilers.

I saw this yesterday in a sold out theater.

First, I feel I need to say that the original was never my favorite Pixar movie, it was solidly in the middle of the pack.

That being said, my favorite things from the original carried over. The music, the art style, the setting.

I enjoyed elastigirl being at the forefront of this movie. I also enjoyed jack Jack.

I didn't think the plot was super strong. The villain was very obvious, I don't think it has as strong of a 'coming together as a family message' as the first had.

I didn't think there was a lot of character growth.

I did enjoy watching it, though I probably don't need to see it again for a while.

I did appreciate that they didn't go overboard with Edna, since that is a character who is excellent in small doses.

Did anyone else think that the family at the end, while people were watching the screens, reminded them of the spaceship earth family whose watching the moon landing, or was that just me?

Coming out of our theater, we were next to a mom and her maybe 6-7 year old daughter. The daughter said she 'hated it'. The mom told her she didn't really think it was a kid's movie and I have to agree.

I thought it was incredibly dark in places, in tone and style.

Also, holy Batman this movie needs a seizure warning in front of it. There were several moments that were making me look away. So many flashing lights.

All that said, pretty sure the movie will make tons of money and be a big success. However, I do think it lacked the heart of the original and I hope they don't push for another movie.

***SPOILERS***

I absolutely agree! I was disappointed. I am a member of the original target audience for The Incredibles (now 21 years old--was 7 years old when the first movie came out). I was just very disappointed that they made the villain so obvious. "Genius behind the genius" Seriously? How much more obvious could you get. And that opening pixar short was just.....um interesting.

I have never heard Toy Story 2 called a best Pixar sequel... Hear it all the time about Toy Story 3 though!

I do think Toy Story 2 is pretty solid as far as sequels go, but to me is the "worst" of the 3 (I love part 3, but probably due to emotional connection at the end). And I put "worst" in quotes as it is still very good, just not as good in my mind

We really liked the movie - saw it tonight. I was able to explain the short better since I had read about it on here so there weren't so many questions from my kids. I thought the movie was good, really better than the first. I enjoyed the growing of each character especially jack jack. Any family has had most of the kid/parent moments so it was easy to feel for the characters. My DS asked if we could get it on DVD before we had left the theater.

I was not fan of the original but loved this sequel. Although it is the first movie I saw in the theatre in over 1 year (since live action Beauty and the Beast) so....

I liked the short! As my kids grow older, I can relate...

Saw Incredibles 2 last night and I really enjoyed it. It was a really fun movie and a great sequel to the first one. My only minor complaint is that the villain is very obvious. The name also gives away who the villain is.

Saw it yesterday (Tuesday) at 12:35pm and the theater was PACKED...about 10 single seats short of a sellout and I did see several teens who saw the theater full of young families and returned their tickets for a different show time.

Overall the Wife and I thought it was good but not great.

Also a reminder for Adults...even in a kids movie where half the kids are talking, need a trip to the bathroom, a snack refill or that one kid having a full out tantrum (yes all this happened during my viewing yesterday)...it is still NOT OK for you to be looking at your phone. No matter how you cover the screen light its still going to distract someone behind or to the side of you. I had this older lady in front of me checking her phone 10+ times during the last half of the movie...>:(

I saw it today in 4D, in Abu Dhabi. The seat shaking and water sprays made it feel like a 2 hour Disney ride. I’d like to see jack jack in the next film as a preschooler with awesome powers. That would be hilarious.

Saw it Monday night. Great movie and a lot of fun. Thought the short was cute but can see smaller kids being disturbed. My 9 year old turned to my wife and jokingly asked if she was going to eat him too.

I must have missed the strobe lights. Is it the part towards the end on the boat?

Saw it Monday night. Great movie and a lot of fun. Thought the short was cute but can see smaller kids being disturbed. My 9 year old turned to my wife and jokingly asked if she was going to eat him too.

I must have missed the strobe lights. Is it the part towards the end on the boat?
the main scene is where Elastigirl is fighting with screenslaver in the cage thing

The movie is crashing at the box office this weekend. Over 100 million dollar drop. I'm sure a huge part of this is word spreading that there is mild profanity and multiple scenes where characters say "Oh my God". I can already see certain posters smirking over this but there are still millions of faith-based families thAt aren't cool with that.

Another unnecessary erosion of your fan base, Disney. It looks like you're well on your way to killing Star Wars. Now, millions of people can't trust your animated films to not have offensive language.

The movie is crashing at the box office this weekend. Over 100 million dollar drop. I'm sure a huge part of this is word spreading that there is mild profanity and multiple scenes where characters say "Oh my God". I can already see certain posters smirking over this but there are still millions of faith-based families thAt aren't cool with that.

Another unnecessary erosion of your fan base, Disney. It looks like you're well on your way to killing Star Wars. Now, millions of people can't trust your animated films to not have offensive language.
I hope you’re joking...

It’s in with the swirling black and white images during the various hypnosis scenes - not a straight forward strobe

It wasn't a long time ago...maybe just a couple of years ago...where saying "Oh my God" in a Disney animated film wouldn't even be considered. It happened in Zootopia once and now it's at least 3 times in Incredibles 2.

Laugh all you want but there are still Christians around and it's actually one of the Ten Commandments so you would think that Disney is supposed to be so inclusive they could steer clear of that in their animated films.

It wasn't a long time ago...maybe just a couple of years ago...where saying "Oh my God" in a Disney animated film wouldn't even be considered. It happened in Zootopia once and now it's at least 3 times in Incredibles 2.

Laugh all you want but there are still Christians around and it's actually one of the Ten Commandments so you would think that Disney is supposed to be so inclusive they could steer clear of that in their animated films.
Zootopia made a billion worldwide so yes they must be hurting so bad...

I saw it yesterday with the kids (6, 8, 9). They watched the original in the morning (it was raining and cold) and we saw 2 in the afternoon. They liked the sequel better than the original which surprised me. I didn't re-watch so I don't remember the original enough to compare. The movie was fine. Good, but not great sums it up for me.

I loved Jack Jack and the interaction with Edna. I agree that particularly the Screenslaver costume was a little scary for a kids movie. The 6 yo was fine with it though.

With regard to the profanity, I agree it would have been better to leave the mild profanity out. But with regard to "what the..." to quote a magician who does an act at a local amusement park, if your kids know how that phrase ends, that's on you.

I had the villain picked out as soon as she was cut off by gushing brother when she tried to bring up the panic room. Very cliche. But of course that's not an issue for kids because you have to see something a few times to recognize it's done all the time.

I did feel it was too long. With the half hour of previews and Bao it was too long to be sitting there. My kids are older now but if it was a couple years earlier it would have been tough to keep their attention that long.

But overall, it was entertaining. There were much worse ways we could have spent a rainy afternoon.

I saw it yesterday with the kids (6, 8, 9). They watched the original in the morning (it was raining and cold) and we saw 2 in the afternoon. They liked the sequel better than the original which surprised me. I didn't re-watch so I don't remember the original enough to compare. The movie was fine. Good, but not great sums it up for me.
I think it is sad that parents need to defend their decision to allow their children to watch TV. But, here, you do. Otherwise people would jump all over you for allowing your child to have screen time, then go to the movies, as if you do it everyday.

Thanks for the review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!