Incredicoaster Trial Runs

sleepydog25

Been here awhile
We’re here at DL with a room looking over CA Adventure. The coaster is running...sometimes with people on board, likely employees. Sigh. We leave tomorrow...

What's to test? Have they altered the track in any way?
Not to my knowledge, nor does it look so. However, when something has been out of commission for some time, it can't be readily assumed all is still copacetic. Sure has been a tease to see the ferris wheel lit up, the water filled back in for WOC, and coaster zooming nearby. . .

What's to test? Have they altered the track in any way?

I watched a video of it. They have actually added audio and some light effects (and figurines) to the insides of the tunnels. It's really cool! I thought they were basically just painting it and changing the music, but it's actually pretty well-themed for an outdoor coaster. So I'm sure they had to test all that and make sure the timing elements are correct as well as making sure the coaster is still running as it should.

I’m pretty sure if you’ve at least lurked through my posts you might’ve seen my philosophy: “depends on the IP, depends on the type of attraction.” 9 times out of 10 it usually turns out good, this unfortunately felt like that one time out of 10. It was as the the incredibles were shoehorned in. If built from scratch and having more dedicated area set aside for show scenes it could’ve been less shoehorned but that’s for purpose-built attractions. It seems like a lot of good effort went into this with the sculpting, the lighting and the new preshow but I do think personally this was a let down from a refurbishment standpoint or an IP integration standpoint.

I watched the video yesterday and is an improvement over the original CS. I am just not a fan of wood mimicking coasters.

ETA: I just watched the night run and it looks so much better!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter