India Pavilion in EPCOT?

I would be more excited for an India addition than a Brazil addition. I think the theming could be really cool .... like suggested above, Taj Mahal... I think even just the landscaping alone could be really pretty, and a Jungle Book ride on top of that would be awesome.

I am so on board for this! I hate Indian food (I'm way too picky), but I absolutely love the Jungle Book so a ride would be incredible. Do you think they'll build the Taj Mahal? Maybe something like the Eiffel Tower where it's "off in the distance"?

I always get excited at the prospect of a new country. My alma mater has an academic building where they have rooms themed to different nationalities and I adore walking through them and seeing all the tiny details from each different country. Would love to see a new addition to WS too!

Will be interesting to see what they do - if they do something very specific like the Taj Mahal or something more stylistic but not as specific. There are a lot of anchient temples that have a similar look so maybe take that style for the main structure? Thinking something like the Devi Jagdambā Temple or maybe something like the Elora Caves?

Would be interesting if they try to do another forced perspective element - though not sure how well the Taj Mahal would work just as it is more the grandeur of the space and the openness around it and the columns on the corners of the property, etc. ... vs just being able to use like the top part of it like they can with the Eiffel Tower

India has been my dream Epcot pavilion for a long time. India has beautiful interesting architecture and amazing food. Indian food is becoming more prevalent in the United States as well so maybe fewer people would see it as "weird." It's also well suited to a buffet (being very stew based) and you know Disney loves their buffets. Personally I find it a lot more compelling than Brazil.

I guess I’ve been so focused on Brazil I haven’t given much thought to what else could happen. India does sound like a great option, especially for cuisine as people said that would end up being unique

After being there last week for F&W I once again was thinking of new pavilions. Came home and said while I still think a great option would be Greece (been my pick for years), I said to DS I would also totally support India (even though I really had not heard any convo on it). Funny that they are now rumoring that it could happen.

To me the wonderful thing about the World Showcase is to showcase the cultures architecture and explore something that stands out or is different. Both Greece and India could provide those visuals as well as a different option for different shopping and food. I'm okay with India and I'll keep my fingers crossed someone wakes up to Greece on the table.

Would like to see some South America developed for Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:
India has been my dream Epcot pavilion for a long time. India has beautiful interesting architecture and amazing food. Indian food is becoming more prevalent in the United States as well so maybe fewer people would see it as "weird." It's also well suited to a buffet (being very stew based) and you know Disney loves their buffets. Personally I find it a lot more compelling than Brazil.

Oh my... can you imagine a buffet with a stage and Bollywood-style entertainment (similar to Biergarten, but with Indian cuisine and entertainment)? Ah-ma-zing!!

I am so on board for this! I hate Indian food (I'm way too picky), but I absolutely love the Jungle Book so a ride would be incredible. Do you think they'll build the Taj Mahal? Maybe something like the Eiffel Tower where it's "off in the distance"?

I always get excited at the prospect of a new country. My alma mater has an academic building where they have rooms themed to different nationalities and I adore walking through them and seeing all the tiny details from each different country. Would love to see a new addition to WS too!

Same here. Can't stand Indian food but they have a cool culture and think it would be better than Brazil. I would like Australia but feel it would be represented well in AK as a land.

Same here. Can't stand Indian food but they have a cool culture and think it would be better than Brazil. I would like Australia but feel it would be represented well in AK as a land.

Have said the same. What Australia or even New Zealand brings is a varied and beautiful landscape AND animals. It would be a huge perk to AK. I even would take it further ... demolish Living Seas which is dated and the glass clouded, everything including fish are blue/gray ... rebuild as Great Barrier Reef in AK in a down under land.

Last edited:
Latest I have heard from Martin at WDWMagic.com and a few others elsewhere is Indy only going to DHS, not as a boat ride. But not sure what that entails or if that is replacement for stunt show or not

The stunt show is one of the few remaining things at DHS that show you "behind the scenes" of how movies are made vs being immersive and putting you inside a movie world - so would make sense to update it .... whether that means just a different show (that is just a show, not explaining how the stunts are done) or using that space for something completely different

I'd be thrilled with an Indian pavilion. The food and shopping would be very popular, I think. It would be especially nice for Americans as travel to India has become a bit more dicey, particularly for women. (Our State Dept. has a number of active warnings out about travel in India. Such warnings tend to make Americans very hesitant to travel to the affected countries.)

Personally I'd love to see a Diwali celebration; it would be so pretty and such fun.

Speaking of Diwali, I should probably start planning our annual Diwali party. Holi would be fun too but it might be too messy for Epcot.

A reason I could see for not having an India pavilion is there is still quite a gender gap there from what I understand. Even though I believe women have held some pretty high positions. Im sure there would be people opposed to India.

This is so much more exciting than the Brazil pavilion. Maybe having the Taj Mahal as a backdrop along with elephants would be amazing. And if the Jungle Book dark ride uses the same technology of the Pirates of Carribean in Shanghai then I'm all for it. Only other country that would top it for me would be Greece.

This is so much more exciting than the Brazil pavilion. Maybe having the Taj Mahal as a backdrop along with elephants would be amazing. And if the Jungle Book dark ride uses the same technology of the Pirates of Carribean in Shanghai then I'm all for it. Only other country that would top it for me would be Greece.
Or Egypt. I’m also a big proponent for Australia in Epcot as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter