Indiana Jones

diberry

DIS Veteran
I'm a bit confused!!! Is the whole of the Indiana Jones ride backwards or just parts of it? I'm trying to summon up courage to go on it when we go next month!!!

its all backwards & its only my opinion but its horrible. The last time I rode it I came off feeling ill. so ill that I couldn't ride The Haunted Mansion afterwards!!!!!!

if you do ride be prepared for your head to be bumped from side to side.

Just to give you an idea - in Florida I've ridden Hulk & D Dragons at IOA & rock & roll rollercoaster in MGM. Enjoyed all these &didn't feel any thing like when I came off I. Jones.

It's definitely not just your opinion as lots of people say it causes motion sickness and your head gets thrown about all over the place! I'd never dare go on Rock n Roller Coaster so if you say Indy is worse then it might be one to avoid!!

what a wuss!!! (P. S. to anyone who thinks that was a mean comment - compare our countdowns!!)

Normally, I love just about any coaster. I absolutely love R&RC, love all of the wild coasters at American theme parks, they're all great.

I did NOT love Indiana Jones!!! I really disliked it...thrashed my head around too much, not enjoyable at all. Once was more than enough! I think a person can get a concussion on that ride!

If you don't care for Space Mountain at DLP (the one at WDW is much different, not a good comparison) or R&RC, don't even go near Indiana Jones.

Thanks, it's interesting to hear what other people say. My dear Mum (the 1 insulting me a few messages up!) & I thought we might try Indy as it seemed to be the least scary of the coasters which go upside down - but apparently not! Think we'll stick to Thunder Mountain cos even that's pretty wild for us!!!

Just agreeing with everyone on this thread- I don't even like coasters, but it looked like it had some nice theming from the outside. All of the ruined temple can be seen from outside the ride, and you can't take in any of the sights going backwards anyway.

I truly hated it, as did the rest of my family. It was like having your ears boxed!

add me and my hubbie to the don't like it brigade. In fact it's the only ride I've known my husband to refuse to get on! I however didn't like space mountain either, my head got banged about so badly last time, I came off crying with a migraine.

It seems like I'm in the minority here, but I LOVED (!!!!) it! Maybe I was just lucky, but I didn't have any problems with my head/neck moving too much! I do agree that if you don't like Space Mountain or Rockin Roller Coaster, you shouldn't go on Indy!

it IS good, but whe you get thrown about a bit it does become discomforting, however, me and caroline went on it and felt fone, but we went on space mountain and caroline was in tears cos she was in so much pain

(this was the day before riding I Jones)after Jones she was fine, i suppose its a bit like the Cat & Mouse ride in Blackpool, with the problem of getting whiplash is a common occurence

I'm not the most fearless person in the world when it comes to roller coasters so I've no idea what persuaded me to go on this one in the first place. I'm sure it had beautiful theming but I had my eyes shut round most of it so I missed that! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

It's not my favorite coaster and I won't do it more then once a day, but it's quite good.

One tip: keep your head away from the headrests by bending forward. :wave2:

Originally posted by disneydavey
it IS good, but whe you get thrown about a bit it does become discomforting, however, me and caroline went on it and felt fone, but we went on space mountain and caroline was in tears cos she was in so much pain

(this was the day before riding I Jones)after Jones she was fine, i suppose its a bit like the Cat & Mouse ride in Blackpool, with the problem of getting whiplash is a common occurence

Good grief, that takes me back - the Cat and Mouse! We used to go to Skegness a lot as children and they had a Cat and Mouse too. You could hear the howls of terror right across the pleasure beach :tilt:

Just out of interest, where is a good spot to view, photograph the Indiana Jones ride? Y'know, for those of us who are founder members of the chickenhearted brigade.

I love aerosmith and rode it 4 times in a row just last week. But I found Indiana Jones to be very rough and with having 4 earings in one ear very uncomfortable as your head is banging about so much.

And it made me feel sick, so I only rode it once.

I guess I'm another one in the minority but I love the ride as well. I get really travel sick but always wear my travel sickness bands when I go on any coasters and I have never felt ill on it. I love the fact that it is backwards and you can't see which direction you will be going in next. I also love the fact that the track is so well hidden amongst the theaming for sections of it you can't even guess what is coming up.

I remember going on it when it went forwards and it was much better (i.e. less sickening) but was over quickly and not very "Disney". I figure they turned it around for the teenagers to get more of a kick from it. The track hasn't got any longer now it goes backwards - it just feels like it.

The best Indy ride, and possibly the best ride ever is the one in Disneyland in California.

Originally posted by TroubledStitch

The best Indy ride, and possibly the best ride ever is the one in Disneyland in California.

I have to agree that the California version is outstanding, we couldn't stay off it. However, we were in DLP a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I couldn't even consider a backwards rollercoaster. The rest of the family did though - DW,DD & DS, and were in agreement that it was a most uncomfortable ride that I would never have survived without ruining the rest of my day. It didn't stop DD and DS (17 & 15) doing it again however but my boy, a rollercoaster freak, complained of extremely sore ears afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter