• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info on Hilton Head SC plz

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
We are planning a trip with my parents for spring break April 2015 to Hilton Head SC. There will be 9 of us, will we fit in a 2 bedroom? I have never been and am looking forward to it! Looking for info about their beach. Is it an ocean beach? Walking distance? Any info would be great! Thanks:)

Maximum occupancy in a 2BR at HHI is 8. There is a king bed in the master bedroom; 2 queens in the 2nd BR; in the living room is a queen sleeper couch.

For most people, the beach is not walkable. You can drive there or take a Disney provided shuttle bus. Some rent bikes and ride. It is on the Atlantic.

Be sure to bring binoculars...fantastic bird and other nature watching from the balcony.

We will be going in June with 9 of us. We got a 2 bedroom for 6 of us and a studio for the other 3. Points wise this was cheaper than doing a grand villa.

That's strange..Why did the lady at where we rent points tell me the 9 of us can stay in a 2 bedroom together??

They are redoing all the villas at HHI and there is now a sleeper chair in the living area in addition to the sleeper sofa. This may be why they allowed you to book 9.

We are going this June for our first trip - I can't wait!

They are redoing all the villas at HHI and there is now a sleeper chair in the living area in addition to the sleeper sofa. This may be why they allowed you to book 9.

We are going this June for our first trip - I can't wait!

Oh good!! Thanks! I was starting to worry b/c there was no way we could get the 3 bedroom, the price difference is huge! And we want to stay in one room to split the cost.

Oh good!! Thanks! I was starting to worry b/c there was no way we could get the 3 bedroom, the price difference is huge! And we want to stay in one room to split the cost.

Glad I could help! We are staying in a 1-bedroom. The resort looks so relaxing. The beach house is about 1.5 miles from the main resort. There are bikes to rent at the resort and miles of bike paths all over the island. You can ride to the beach house if you want.

I will check back here after our trip to give you more tips.

I cannot wait to do a HHI trip, my family loves it. I think our first non wdw dvc will be vero thought :)

We just came back from spring break at HHI in a 2 bedroom and they do indeed sleep 9. In the living room now there is a sleeper couch as well as a sleeper chair. All the villas have been refurbished so they all have this set up. :)

HHI is awesome!! It is on a beautiful peaceful marsh and the beach house is only a little over a mile away. We usually had one of us drive over our van with beach chairs, umbrella, sand toys etc.. while the other one rode bikes with the kiddos. Worked out great. THere is also a shuttle too.

HHI has so much to do on the island as well as at the resort and lots of restaurants to explore as well.

Glad I could help! We are staying in a 1-bedroom. The resort looks so relaxing. The beach house is about 1.5 miles from the main resort. There are bikes to rent at the resort and miles of bike paths all over the island. You can ride to the beach house if you want.

I will check back here after our trip to give you more tips.

The resort IS relaxing, especially those 1 BRs! And as a PP said, don't forget those binocculars. Not only can you see some great birds off the balcony, but we've also watched dolphins swimming around from our balcony.

And it is actually kind of dark on the pier at night, so, you can do some star gazing. Of course with the Summer weather around here, who knows what you will get.

Ocean Beach yes, but, no really big waves unless there is a storm off the coast. It's a very gradual drop from the shore going out.

If you want waves, you'll have to drive over to Tybee. Its 60 miles by road, 8 by water. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter