Insert Fancy Title Here!

Avery's mom

DIS Veteran
I am not a cutesy writer - so forgive me if I cut to the chase;)

My DH, DD and I will be flying to Orlando for our WDW/Disney Dream combo vaca in just 5 days - and this is the first time I've considered writing a trip report, let alone the PTR. As I get older, I realize there are far too many details that are lost to the sands of time. Having spent too much time planning this trip, I want to make sure I can remember it!

So, our cast of characters are: Me - a relatively Type A planner - although I have stopped bringing color coded flash cards to the parks:) I try to go with the flow a little more than I used to. DH - much more of a Type B personality with regard to vacation planning. He is so used to my planning everything that he will often not have a clue about what we are doing and when. He figures his job is to show up, have a good time and pay:) He's not too far off! DD (9) is our only princess. She loves everything about WDW and this is the only trip we have planned that wasn't a surprise to her. So, she has been YouTubing videos on everything at WDW and has has wanted a lot of input on what we have planned. She is particularly looking forward to the handful of things she couldn't do on our trip in 2008, such as RnR and Primeval Whirl.

Some other background info - the reason for our trip is a work conference being held at Coronado Springs Resort, and thus the perfect excuse to go to WDW. The last time we all came as a family was my husband's work in 2008. We stayed off-site where his company put him up and my DD and I drove into the parks each day. It was such a nice time with just the 2 of us, and I'm hoping my DD and DH can have some special time just the two of them while I am otherwise occupied.

Our rough sketch is:
10/13/2012 - Fly into MCO on the BEST airline - Virgin America - and get in about 4pm. Take ME to the Coronado for our 1 night pre-conference stay (we have been told the ressies are linked so we don't have to move, but I'll believe that when I see it!) Spend the evening at MK - don't forget to redeem our Photopass + and catch Wishes!

10/14/2012 - We are rope drop people - well, I am, and that makes the others RD people too! Hitting DHS today to get in RnR for DD. One of our only ADRs is 50s PT because DH likes it. We have to get back to CSR by 5 to pick up our conference materials and get to a private event at Epcot. If it's like the one I went to 2 years ago, my DD will love it!

10/15/2012 - I will be getting better acquainted with with Conference Center at CSR while DH and DD are attacking AK. I will meet up with them for lunch at Flame Tree and spend a few hours at AK. A short break for us - then on to MK for EMH. My DD hasn't stayed onsite before, so she is particularly excited about evening EMH and has told me that she will be staying until 1am. Hmmm.....

10/16/2012 - Another Conference morning for me - and a day at Typhoon Lagoon for them! Both of them love to snorkel and will be taking advantage of that at TL. If I get out early, I will join them:) We have a Via Napoli ADR at 7pm tonight! My DH is putty in my hands as long as I keep the Italian food coming!

10/17/2012 - What do ya know - another conference morning for me and a day at Epcot for them! I told DH that he can eat at any booth he wants before I get there in the afternoon - but while he's in charge of DD, that he'd better wait to drink around the world until the DW (that's me - and my new nickname - Designated Walker) arrives to keep an eye on DD (who will NOT be drinking a Cosmo Slushie or anything else fun at F&W)

We will probably have to take a break at some point and will be trying out Sum of All Thrills for the first time - DD is super excited about this one! Also, I'm sure we'll be doing Agent P's adventure as well.

10/18/2012 - No park days today - because we are heading out to the Disney Dream! I sailed the Dream last year with an all-adult contingent and this is my family's first time on her. They both loved the Wonder last year, so I know they will be in heaven on the Dream. We are booked in a 5C, but will be trying to score an upgrade at PC. We loved our Cat 3 on the Wonder last year, and will see if it's in the cards for us this time. At press time, there are 10 Cat Ts left. The upgrade fee (estimate) is in the budget, so if we don't score one, we'll just have to spend some time in Pink buying rounds for random strangers!

10/19/2012 - Nassau today! I am one of the few people that has cruised often, but had never been to Nassau before last year! So, I don't have the hate on for it that many people seem to. DD wants to burn up the slides at Aquaventure, so that's where we'll be heading today. Last year, I spent the day at Sandals' Grand Bahamian on a day pass, which was lovely. However, with my DD, that's not an option. So, to Atlantis we go!

10/20/2012 - The day I'm looking forward to the most - Castaway Cay! I have been to many private islands - but this is my favorite! It just blows them all out of the water (no pun intended!) with how perfect it is. Only being Silver, I couldn't score a cabana at 90 days, so we will be exploring all day. DD and DH have never been to CC and have heard me rave about it, so I hope we have a wonderful day here! We are taking DD parasailing today, and she is super excited! I did it last year to help conquer my fear of heights, and loved it! Here's hoping for a great CC day! DH and I have Palo tonight:)

10/21/2012 - Off the Dream and on to AoA! With Monday airfares so much cheaper than Sunday's fares, we opted to stay one post-cruise day at AoA because they had LM rooms available!! DD's favorite is Ariel, so I am hoping she loves it! We'll check in and then be off to AK so I can do EE with DD. Hubby doesn't love it, so she may not have gotten it in on their previous visit. HS has EMH tonight - so we may hit it if we're not beat. Speaking of Beat - Survivor will be at Epcot tonight, so as a child of the 80s, I may convince DH to take me there:) No ADRs today - no set-in-stone plans (agh!)

10/22/2012 - Departure Day - we fly out at 4:15, so we'll let DD decide what park she wants to finish up with today. By this point we may be tired, broke and sunburned, so a sleep-in-day may be in order. Who knows?

I always like to have new adventures on each trip - which is why I'm especially glad to be trying out CSR and AoA as well as Atlantis. I dined at Remy last time on the Dream, so am trying Palo this time. Also, we did Blizzard Beach on the last visit, so Typhoon Lagoon will be new to us as well. Last time I went to F&W I was only able to visit for 1 day, so I tried to fit as much in as I could:confused3 Not going to do THAT again. I will want to try some new items this year, but will be telling myself that I don't have to blow our week's food budget in one day!

In addition to capturing some of the Disney magic in this TR, I hope to be somewhat helpful to anyone else planning a trip with any components in common. :yay:

My Photopass+ voucher came in the mail yesterday:cool1: For the record of all those who wonder, "If I order Photopass+ in less than 14 days, will it arrive in time"? I ordered mine 13 days prior to my arrival, and even with the Columbus Day mail holiday, I received it in 7 days - and I live in CA. So, if you're less than 14 days away - and are closer to FL than I am, give it a shot!

Now - if they would only add DCL to the Photopass, I would be a happy girl!

My in-laws are house/dog/mother sitting for us while we're away, so I spent the day cooking meals to freeze, picking up takeout menus and grocery shopping for odds and ends for them. They are doing us a huge favor my coming to our house to help with my mom and dogs, that I want to make sure they have any/everything they might need while they're here.

Bags are being packed tomorrow, beds made, house cleaning and loose ends tied up before they arrive at noon! Then we pick up our DD from school and drive to LA. For us - that's when vacation will officially begin!

Booked a last minute rental car for the WDW - Port Canaveral drive - have never done that before, so I hope it's not the hassle that it "seems" that it could be. But as we're trying for an upgrade, we want to get to the port early (we have the 11am check-in time) AND DH wants to pick up a few bottles of wine, since he likes to take advantage of Disney's policy:cool1:

Tomorrow will be the last day of my PTR before it officially becomes a TR - yippee! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter