• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inside Jokes in Enchanted

SamIAm21

Mickey's #1 Fan
I heard that the Prince taking down the Ogre in the beginning of Enchanted was a message to DreamWorks stating that Disney (via Enchanted) could successfully "spoof" itself and didn't need DreamWorks to do it with Shrek. I loved Enchanted and I saw it as a cute spoof on the Disney Princesses and Fairy Tales and that was okay because Disney was doing it to themselves.

I picked up the Bella Note restaurant, the dragon, and the Beauty & The Beast scene, but I missed the reporter's name, the soap bubbles, and a couple others mentioned in today's podcast. Another not mentioned was the pretty obvious "old hag" from Snow White.

Jodi Benson played Sam!! Awesome! You know, now I can't wait to see it again. It will have to be on DVD though so I can stop it.

Some of those are so interesting and they went right over my head...

I caught my first hidden Mickey in a movie!! In the scene in Giselle's treehouse, there are three flowers on garland vine positioned just right...At that point, I got lost in the movie. I did catch some of the other things...but it was because I knew what to look for! Everytime something popped up, it made me chuckle.

Loved the movie!! Can't wait to see it again!!!!

We JUST got back from seeing the movie - I hadn't read anything in advance, because I didn't want to be spoiled. What a great show - I know we'll see it again before it leaves the theatre.

One of my favorite inside jokes was at the very end of the credits...the VERY end....the movie was an Andelasia (spelling??) Production Studios movie! LOL!

Now, I need to go listen to that part of the podcast, since I didn't before so I wouldn't be spoiled. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter