• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Interested in joining DVC--Questions--please help!

niks81

Let's just say I wasn't the 'only one'!<br><font c
I am renting points from a DVC member for next June and I am pondering whether I should actually just join the DVC at some point. I love Disney--the resorts to me are the best part. And I LOVE the Boardwalk!! Also, the options of staying at other places around the country and world are very appealing to me. However, I am fairly young and I do not know what to expect for costs--as I do not know how it works!! Someone told me that it cost $13,000 and you get 230 points per year until 2049--does this sound right to anyone? Are there yearly dues, monthly dues? Does it vary by resort? I know BW is sold out, but I would love to try out the new BCV. Can someone PLEASE give me the info I need here? I have no idea where to start!

Yes read the FAQ, be aware that you can choose the amount of points you want to purchase starting at 150 points, there are point charts that show you how much a particular size unit costs per night depending on season, DVC is very flexible compared to other timeshares because you are not locked into a certain week, you can vary the length of your stays change the size of your accomodations, so right now if you bought 150x$75 per point it comes out to $11,250, if you buy from Disney, but be aware there are also resales, at the top of this page click the current DVC resales button and see what is available.

If you buy from Disney, you can finance it up to 10 years, there have been some young people who have bought in with no problem.

CAll DVC. They will send a package with a video and you can get lots of info that way. NO obligation and they won't hound you.

If you're not in a great rush to buy, visit the sites previoulsy mentioned and then definetely take the DVC tour when you're there in June, very low pressure and informative. Will help answer many questions and give you an opportunity to see the units, and by that time BCV should be available. Also if interested, check out the resale market, especially if you love BWV. Even though BWV is sold sold out, you can still get through resale. Good luck and don't be afraid to post any of your questions, there is a wealth of knowledge on these boards.

The expiring year is 2042!

Wait til you go and make your assesstment then. We've been members since 95 and love it. But not everything is made to fit everyone........

Hi NIKS81

I sent you a private message. Please click on the pm to pick it up.

Good luck with your search

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter