Interesting foldable power wheelchair

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
I don’t know anything about this wheelchair or the company, except what I can see on their website.
Someone I follow on Facebook has ordered one for her child and they are waiting for it to be built.
Foldable power wheelchairs are available from many manufacturers - Fold and Go, Air Hawk, Jazzy, Zoomer, among others. But, most of are pretty ‘generic’ as far as seating and the actual joystick/controller. So, not very suitable for people who need seating adaptations or adapted controls.
Link to Bailey Built Wheelchairs
The company manufactures folding wheelchairs with a variety of adaptive seating choices, as manual or power chairs.
They also have kits that people can use on their own manual wheelchairs to convert them to power by changing out the wheels with a quick connect axel and power components. An advantage compared to other custom power wheelchairs is that these are more portable and don’t require an accessible van to transport.

More expensive than the more generic power folding chairs, but would be useable by some people who are not able to use the less expensive power wheelchairs

Very interesting! I had not heard of them prior to now, but I will certainly keep them on my list for the future.

I love all the color options, and it looks like they are building in a variety of styles and sizes, which is really cool. The seating looks really good - and I love the fenders! I think I would have to have fenders! ☔

I am beginning to look for a replacement for the Zoomer - not because I am unhappy with it, but I have put so many miles on it now that at some point in the fairly near future, it will be time to replace it. I may just buy another one, only because I have now invested in an extra battery+charger setup, and it would be nice to be able to continue to use that setup.

When I first started using power equipment, I never thought I would spend so much time driving one that I would ever need to replace it! Maybe I should be staying at home more often… 😂

Last edited:
Hopefully they’ll have an HD model. Finding a nice heavy duty chair is tough because so many look so generic and boring.

Last edited:
Hopefully they’ll have an HD model. Finding a nice heavy duty chair is tough because so many look like generic and boring.
Yes - it’s interesting how quickly the folding chair market has homogenized, and they all fairly similar (and fold similarly, etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter