Interesting Waitlist Experience

bwang123

Earning my Beers
We are travelling during food and wine and booked our home resort because it's our favorite place to stay. We waitlisted Boardwalk with little hope that it would fill. Earlier, we received a vague voice mail from DVC asking us to call them back about the waitlist. When we called back they started the call just asking if our waitlist was intended to replace our existing reservation or book another. After confirming it was for a replacement, they said that our waitlist filled and they were holding it for us until we called to confirm. Miracles do happen.

Last edited:
Lucky you! Thy generally do not call to verify what the waitlist says. :)

I did receive a call once. I had two waitlists in at different resorts for
the same dates and they filled one after another. I got the email that my waitlist had filled then the phone rang. The other waitlist had filled and MS asked me which of the two I preferred.

That's awesome! I recently just waitlisted one night at BWV and ended up being able to book it via stalking, even though my waitlist was still actively out there. Still has me wondering how "reliable" the system is as a whole.
I wasn't really interested in stalking as I was good with our home resort but i know that's effective. The crazy part it was for a whole week and not one day.

I wasn't really interested in stalking as I was good with our home resort but i know that's effective. The crazy part it was for a whole week and not one day.
I've been stalking one day at BWV in October for almost 3 months now....not feeling lucky.... But congrats to you!

I did receive a call once. I had two waitlists in at different resorts for
the same dates and they filled one after another. I got the email that my waitlist had filled then the phone rang. The other waitlist had filled and MS asked me which of the two I preferred.
I had this same thing happen to me once too!

I've been stalking one day at BWV in October for almost 3 months now....not feeling lucky.... But congrats to you!

Earlier today, I was looking at availability in October out of curiosity and saw scattered days throughout (garden/pool). One just happened to fall at the beginning of our trip so we extended a day!

Earlier today, I was looking at availability in October out of curiosity and saw scattered days throughout (garden/pool). One just happened to fall at the beginning of our trip so we extended a day!
I am also stalking BWV garden/pool for one night in November 😅 Reallllly hoping I get it so I don’t have to jump resorts multiple times.

After confirming it was for a replacement, they said that our waitlist filled and they were holding it for us until we called to confirm. Miracles do happen.
Nice of them to confirm. As to why they called, did you have sufficient points or needed to borrow/bank?

There seems to be something going on with inventory at BW this summer. There are some pretty decent cash rates for the 1 BR Villas specifically with the various discounts.

I am wondering if they started pulling inventory when they ran into some problems with the renovation timeline and are now trying to backfill it with waitlists and cash.

Nice of them to confirm. As to why they called, did you have sufficient points or needed to borrow/bank?
plenty of points. they wanted to know if it was replacing my current reservation or if it was a second reservation. i had checked to replace when setting up the waitlist but it was great that they confirmed.

Last edited:
I had them call about a waitlist for December a couple months ago. It was for my home resort VGC that was not available at the 11 months. In the meantime, I booked both VDH and a VGC accessible studio for that same week. But the original VGC dates for a regular studio was what I really wanted. I figured I would book the other 2 and make a decision closer to the time as to where I would stay. They called as they were trying to figure out what I was trying to do and if I wanted 3 rooms, 2 rooms, or 1 room. Cancelled the other 2 original rooms and then booked the waitlist for what I really wanted. Ended up working out for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter