Internet Explorer Access Broken

Are we sure it's a DISboards issue? Could it be an IE issue? Sorry, don't know a lot about "computer stuff".
If DisBoards did a software upgrade recently they may have upgraded IE users out of the picture.
Microsoft wants everyone to switch to Edge which isn't compatible with older versions of Windows.
MS is Hell bent on forcing their customers to switch to their latest Operating System, MS 10, because in it's native state it allows Microsoft to mine data from users.
Soooo...
They've pulled upgrade support for IE 11 which in turn forces other software companies to adapt their products to Edge at the expense of IE users.
Quite a few applications will no longer work with IE and more will be affected in the future.

If DisBoards did a software upgrade recently they may have upgraded IE users out of the picture.
Microsoft wants everyone to switch to Edge which isn't compatible with older versions of Windows.
MS is Hell bent on forcing their customers to switch to their latest Operating System, MS 10, because in it's native state it allows Microsoft to mine data from users.
Soooo...
They've pulled upgrade support for IE 11 which in turn forces other software companies to adapt their products to Edge at the expense of IE users.
Quite a few applications will no longer work with IE and more will be affected in the future.
Truth be told, I've found my IE to be super slow for a really long time (a couple of years or more).

I've been using Chrome with no issues since then.

I hate Windows 10, I'm on Windows 7.

Truth be told, I've found my IE to be super slow for a really long time (a couple of years or more).

I've been using Chrome with no issues since then.

I hate Windows 10, I'm on Windows 7.
Yup......
Windows 7 is exactly what all of the previous versions of windows were trying to be.
Win 10 is, IMO, nothing more than a scheme by MS to data mine it's customers.
I have five desktops and laptops and all of them run like champs on Win 7.
I've switched to Firefox and the newest version is far and away a better browser than IE.

Are we sure it's a DISboards issue? Could it be an IE issue? Sorry, don't know a lot about "computer stuff".

I use Internet Explorer (Version 11.0.65) for work. I spend most of my working day online, visiting various websites. Disboards is the only site where I experience any problems.

As Disboards didn't update their software, I'm fairly confident this problem is related to one of the MANY advertisements and widgets used on the site. My educated guess is that this is related to the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law, which became enforceable on May 25, 2018. That's the exact date when this problem began.

You probably got emails about changes in privacy policies from companies. You may also have seen website pop-ups asking you to agree to changes in privacy policies this past week. That was due to GDPR. I bet that some advertising widget was reprogrammed to comply with the law. But, whatever change they made is breaking Internet Explorer.

I use Internet Explorer (Version 11.0.65) for work. I spend most of my working day online, visiting various websites. Disboards is the only site where I experience any problems.

As Disboards didn't update their software, I'm fairly confident this problem is related to one of the MANY advertisements and widgets used on the site. My educated guess is that this is related to the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law, which became enforceable on May 25, 2018. That's the exact date when this problem began.

You probably got emails about changes in privacy policies from companies. You may also have seen website pop-ups asking you to agree to changes in privacy policies this past week. That was due to GDPR. I bet that some advertising widget was reprogrammed to comply with the law. But, whatever change they made is breaking Internet Explorer.
Sound reasoning......
The date coincides with my IE problems as well.

I hope they're real happy with themselves, messing up everyone's internet......

Can this problem on the DIS be fixed?!

The DIS is the only website that I have this issue with. I don’t like using my iPhone to “DIS.”

Corey, we need your help!

Clearly, no one cares about this problem (except those of us affected by it).
You may have to do what I did.
Bite the bullet and switch to a different browser.
IE isn't receiving technical support by order of the High and Mighty at Microsoft anymore so those who haven't bought into Win 10 and the Edge Browser are screwed.

You may have to do what I did.
Bite the bullet and switch to a different browser.
IE isn't receiving technical support by order of the High and Mighty at Microsoft anymore so those who haven't bought into Win 10 and the Edge Browser are screwed.
But, why is this the only site I have the problem with?

But, why is this the only site I have the problem with?
It may be the only site that you personally are having trouble with but there are a slew of sites now giving the message that IE11 and previous versions are outdated browsers and are no longer supported.
They then give a list of approved browsers to try.

Was glad to see this thread. Disboards works fine on my Ipad (chrome), but no longer works correctly on my PC (IE). So on my PC, I clicked on Microsoft Edge and can now use Disboards correctly again. I continue to use IE for everything else. It's not overly convenient, but at least I can use DIS again on my PC.

That's actually not true. From Microsoft:

"Beginning January 12, 2016, only the most current version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical supports and security updates. Internet Explorer 11 is the last version of Internet Explorer, and will continue to receive security updates, compatibility fixes, and technical support on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10."

As for Internet Explorer 11, it's not going anywhere any time soon:

"Internet Explorer 11 will be supported for the life of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10."

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support

That's actually not true. From Microsoft:

"Beginning January 12, 2016, only the most current version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical supports and security updates. Internet Explorer 11 is the last version of Internet Explorer, and will continue to receive security updates, compatibility fixes, and technical support on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10."

As for Internet Explorer 11, it's not going anywhere any time soon:

"Internet Explorer 11 will be supported for the life of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10."

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support
Yes, but not platform updates.
They will supply Security updates and Tech support but they will no longer adapt the platform to changes in Industry Standards or Program Comparability.
That's why IE11 users are receiving browser incompatibility messages from some websites.

Except that's not what you wrote. You wrote that Microsoft was no longer offering technical support. Hence, I quoted Microsoft saying they will continue to provide technical support for Internet Explorer 11.

I am unable to duplicate this issue on my end, so I'm working blindly here.

The first thing to try is to switch the style at the bottom left from "Default Main" to Xenforo Default". Does that fix the issue?

The first thing to try is to switch the style at the bottom left from "Default Main" to Xenforo Default". Does that fix the issue?

Well, you must have worked your magic because when I log on thru IE everything appears as it should! I've done nothing different but everything appears normal. Thanks for you help and I'll let you know if it doesn't last.

Corey! Nice to "meet" you.

I don't know what you did here, but the issue seems to be fixed. I am actually on my home computer and not having to use my phone to DIS!
Thank you so much. :worship:

P.S. I am from NOLA, too. Who Dat and Geaux Tigers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!