Intresting lawsuit settled by Disney........

ncligs

Registered
This may be a little off topic.........but I wonder if this family were "DVC members" having breakfast at the Polynesian.This was in todays Orlando paper below.
trink35.gif

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...1,0,6522627.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

I can't believe Disney didn't settle that one. Based solely on the article, how could anyone but Disney be at fault. Really can't even compare it to the McD's case.

And I can't believe you came up with a smilie for that!:)

The injured party was a pilot
fahr01.gif
...........so Mastre Gracey and madcoco you better be careful from now on when you are at restraunts. :p

The award last week included $50,000 for future medical care and $100,000 to Allocco's wife for "loss of consortium."

how did they determine the $ amount for his wife? :eek:

Yikes. That made me hurt just reading that. Thanks for waking me up ncligs!;)
how did they determine the $ amount for his wife?
consortium
A group of individuals or companies formed to undertake an enterprise or activity that would be beyond the capabilities of the individual members.
Not guessing how they come up with that figure either.

In this sense I believe consortium has a much different legal sense and means that she lost certain things from her husband's injury. In other words, he was unable to provide for her financially, emotionally and physically.

Typically, there can be set legal guidelines for amount or percentages of damages in civil cases.

I bet the wife was amazed "consortiuming" with her husband was worth so much...:)

All kidding aside, I hope the guy is alright..

Heidi

Ouch! The poor guy. I don't car how much he got. I wouldn't want to be burned on my lap and I'm not a man!! Annmarie

I'm not a fan of deep pocket lawsuits, but I do feel badly for the guy and his wife.

$668,000 should help ease their pain though.

As far as the wife goes though:

"consortium:
A group of individuals or companies formed to undertake an enterprise or activity that would be beyond the capabilities of the individual members."

Does that mean she gets that amount to pay others what her husband used to do?:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter