Intro Thread!

JK World

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I did one of these 3 years ago, but it has been a while and not much is happening around here so I wanted to do a new one. When I was planning my first WDW trip, I found it much more helpful to read about experiences by single parents than couples given that things like rider-swap don't apply to us and it's much harder to do things like hold a place for parade/fireworks viewing when your child needs a potty break and no one else is there to help! So introduce yourselves, ask questions, share advice, and let's try to wake this board back up!

I am a single mom (by choice) of a lovely 7yo boy. We just got back from our 4th trip together, and the 3rd that we've taken completely solo (my parents came along for the first trip). We are as close to park commandos as you can be with a little one, generally there from rope drop to close daily. Now that he's older, he does ask for more swim time at the pool so I'm factoring that into our 2022 planning. We've done on property and off property, and our next trip will be the first to venture beyond WDW (we are doing WDW and UOR, plus a beach day). I look forward to sharing what we've learned and getting great ideas from others! Happy to share experiences with strollers, different types of transportation, meal planning, etc.

Hi- Jumping back in to the forums booked a week long trip for my son who will turn 5 during the trip in April. Looking to connect with everyone! -He absolutely thrives during any travel! Love reading everyone's experiences and learning all about this Genie + - lightning lane nonsense!

Hi- Jumping back in to the forums booked a week long trip for my son who will turn 5 during the trip in April. Looking to connect with everyone! -He absolutely thrives during any travel! Love reading everyone's experiences and learning all about this Genie + - lightning lane nonsense!
We did my son's 5th birthday at WDW as well, just did his 7th in November! I was not a fan of Genie+ on our trip, we did 5 park days and the longer I was there the less I liked it. I feel like it's necessary at HS with so few rides, and nice to have at MK but not a necessity. I wouldn't even bother with it at the other 2 parks. Of course, by April the system could have changed significantly!

We did my son's 5th birthday at WDW as well, just did his 7th in November! I was not a fan of Genie+ on our trip, we did 5 park days and the longer I was there the less I liked it. I feel like it's necessary at HS with so few rides, and nice to have at MK but not a necessity. I wouldn't even bother with it at the other 2 parks. Of course, by April the system could have changed significantly!
Thanks for that feedback - we are going the last week of April so I think I can skip the Genie + and just use lightning lane as needed. We are off property because I just can't with the Disney hotel prices right now we can save with a townhome have our own rooms and eat breakfast everyday in the townhouse/condo for $75 a night. But 100% agree everything could/will change by April so just trying to keep up to date!

Thank you for doing another thread. I agree that it is helpful to read reports with one adult. My daughter and I will be doing our third trip to WDW in June 2022. It will be our first time in the heat of summer, so I am a little worried about how it will go. I am the one that gets cranky in heat. LOL

It will be our first time in the heat of summer, so I am a little worried about how it will go. I am the one that gets cranky in heat. LOL
My son and I are going to Universal in June, also our first summer trip. We live in Texas, so I know heat, but it's not as humid. I am also the one who gets cranky in heat, lol, so I get it! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter