Iraq: My brother leaves on Monday

Mickey's sunshine

<font color=darkgreen>Had a blast at MGM's Super S
He is a Marine so he will be gone for about 7 months. He was not supposed to leave for about 10-12 more days but in true military fashion they bumped that date up. :(

I feel sick, this is his second tour and you would think this tour would be easier but it is not. :(

I'll be thinking of you and your brother this week. He is in my prayers for a safe and speedy return home!

Jynohn

:hug: We're hoping my brother gets to come home this July. He has been there since last July. His wife still has the Christmas tree up...she just wouldn't have Christmas without him. The gifts are still under the tree, the stockings still hung and filled. They're planning to have Christmas when he returns. :worried:

:grouphug: No deployment is easy-for anyone concerned. Sending hugs your way

Say my MIL just sent me some notes for soliders in Iraq. I normally send them to folks we know, but I don't know anyone "in country" this time. Most of the folks I know are in the UAE or Qatar right now. Anyway, anyone want to send me a name and address so I can forward these notes from school age kids. Thank you.

~Paula

Thank you everyone!

I dont have an address for my brother - sweet gesture Paula and if you want I will let you know when I do.

Christine:

I am a Marine's mom. DS18 leaves in June. Have you been to the MarineParents web site? If not, go there and join. It is an awesome site w/ lots of info and support.

Semper Fi

Paula:

Go to MarineParents.com and see if you can find info for sending them.

Yes, I visited there alot when he was in Boot Camp. There is another site / message board for the USMC it is:

h t t p : / / p 0 6 9 . e z b o a r d . c o m / b u s m c

(it would not allow me to put a link in so you have to take the spaces out of the address, sorry)

I have also been fortunate enough to find a local support group online. They do many things in the community and have monthly meetings.

He will be in my thoughts and prayers. DH is there now. The weather has been good. Not too warm and it cools down at night.

I'm with you in spirit. My brother is in Iraq now. It has been very hard for me. We are the only children and very close. He is not married and has no children.....my children are his world. We send him lots of pictures.

I'll keep your brother in my prayers. We can get through it. :angel:

My thoughts and prayers are with him and your family. My husband is over there and I am impatiently waiting for him to get home. I'm hoping that we only have about a month left.

i hope no one minds me popping in. but my son in law is home on leave for another 4 days (total of 2 weeks.). my DD just gave birth to our 1st GRANDSON...he is 6 days old.......oh hes sooooooooooooo cute. every one says hes the cutest baby in the world..haha. but my son in law will leave either this tues. or wed late for 6 - 7 more months in Iraq. its gonna be harder this time cause of the baby. But we are hoping time will go by fast and he will be home. although we are not sure where he will be stationed. oh sorry i forgot , he is in the army. flies black hawk helicopters. god bless all of the troops............ thank you for letting me share our good news.. thanks again.......

Sending out my prayers!! My brother has done two, one yr tours over in Iraq, so I know how it feels. Hopefully he won't have to go back yet again. I am married to a Navy man as well so I know the drill, we both thank your brother for his service to our country!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter