Irma made us reschedule

So, let me be the first.

I had two, back to back vacations planned for this September. We were supposed to arrive on the 10th, but had to reschedule to January. My second vacation is still on, and we arrive the 24th, but there is a damper on it. But only because I keep thinking about the first rescheduled trip.

Im here!
Original plans Sept 9th-15th MNSSHP 9/10 Had Pre Park opening BOG for 9/13
New plans Sept 30th-Oct 6th MNSSHP 10/1 Trying to find any BOG reservation

Fast passes have not been to bad to reschedule. I did not have FOP but I had a very early Navi and now my NRA is at 4:30pm. We plan to hop to Epcot at 1 so I will probably have to rope drop both Pandora rides now.
Im worried about it being more crowded. Part of me wishes we had just went on down but we drive and i keep reminding myself there wasn't gas to get there. I sympathize with everyone that lost homes or is out of work and school right now but its also ok to feel bummed about the changes to our vacation plans.

We drive too. And would have had to go down through the storm to get there. Plus the gas issue you mentioned @avic77 .

We had Early Morning Magic tickets for yesterday, the 12th. In addition, we were attending the DVC event that is scheduled for tonight, the 13th.

Neither of those is scheduled for January. :sad:

We also moved from the Floridian to Saratoga Springs. The Floridian is our home resort. We bought there because we love it. And although I am sure that Saratoga is great, it simply isn't the Floridian.

I really need to get my act together, so my friend's trip isn't overshadowed by my disappointment from earlier in the month.

Well i have 3 of the 5 of us Pre park BOG at this point. Hoping I can add the final 2. They are all coming in as single seating reservation. I cant find anything if I search for 2 or 4 seats but if I searched for 1 seat I found 8:30am BOG. The a few hours later another 1 seat BOG for 8:25 am. I wonder if a call reservation is they can combine them. I know there are not any single seat tables in BOG.
So I have an 830 am for me
825 for DH
and 8:25 for DD Boyfriend.

DD and DS I cant reserve seperatly so I will watch for 2 or 3 and try to change mine or DH's from a single to a 2 or 3 person reservation

I got a really great surprise email today.
"We would like to share that replacement FastPass+ selections have been added to your MyDisneyExperience account due to the inclement weather approaching the Central Florida area. These replacement Fastpass+ selections will allow you and your original traveling party to experience the same attractions that were selected prior to modifications to your resort reservation. As an added bonus, the replacement Fastpass+ selections will be valid for your length of stay with us and will not be bound by any specific timeframe as is traditionally the policy with our Fastpass service."
We only got 4 I think because I had already booked mostly the same fast passes but those 4 were unavailable or we had changed our minds and picked a different attraction.
Its not a big thing but its an awesome bit of Pixie Dust.

I cancelled my Sept 8-Sept 16 trip with free dining due to Irma. At the time I cancelled I wasn't able to rebook needed to check flights and when I could get off from work. I called again because I had no email nor was it removed from MDE. I was on hold for 2hrs the second time. I was eventually able to reschedule on line for a week in October. I'm so sad as I had to cut vacation from 8 days to 6 days and I lost my free dining and all of my FP's (2 for FOP, a mine train, and a frozen). I was told since there is no free dining in October I couldn't keep it. We booked this trip on bounceback in September of 2016 I was so looking forward to it after all the stress of this year. I feel like I shouldn't complain because I still am able to go and I didn't lose everything like some in FLorida.

Irma did a number on our vacation, but I sprinkled a little pixie dust on it , and went with Plan B. We were scheduled Sept 17-21, but Irma came, instead. My travel agent spent 5+ hours on the phone with Disney (I'm sure mostly on hold), but was able to get us our Free Dining and 5 night stay at Fort Wilderness (which closed during our originally scheduled trip). We are now going in December. We ended up buying 2 day tickets and used our dining and fastpasses for a modified Sept trip. Those still worked from my original plans! We just stayed at a local hotel and our timeshare, since we already had off of work. I couldn't see all of that planning take away my perfectly planned vacation, so I salvaged 2 of the 5 days. I am working VERY hard to secure my dining for the new December trip. It has been hard (since it wasn't 180 days out), but I'm getting there. I book fastpasses in 2 days, and hoping to get our favorite attractions! Best wishes to all of us, whose vacations were blown away by Irma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts