Is anybody out there?

schnerk

I am SOOO not addicted to Disboards... I can quit
My wife and I have been planning our vow renewal at Disney World for the last 19 years (ever since our first wedding) and we locked in our date and paid our deposit in February. The ball was rolling for our February 2021 event, and then.... COVID.

Since then we have had no contact from anyone. There are no responses to emails, phones lead to full mailboxes, frankly it is not very magical.

We are now inside of 6 months and we need to plan travel for our guests,schedule photos, music, and 1000 other things, but we are in the dark...

Is anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have a contact we could reach out to? Any help would be appreciated!

Congratulations on your upcoming vow renewal! Most of the Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings sales consultants and event planners are still furloughed, and the few who have come back are trying to juggle scores of weddings that are happening before your event.

The best way to get in touch with them right now is the general email account: WDW.DFTW.Planner@disney.com. They are working as fast as they can, but there are many other fires they're still putting out—all weddings through September have been canceled, and they're still trying to reach compromises with the safety team about social distancing requirements for weddings and vow renewals.

Rest assured, it is easy enough for them to plan weddings that the details of your events can be hammered out much closer to the date and will still all come together as you want. You can use this time to focus on the details you can control (travel plans, choosing your music, and scheduling photography if you use an outside vendor).

Hang in there! We are planning our vow renewal for July 2021 and I'm working on my wedding packet and doing what I can on my own. Right now they're not doing in-person planning sessions, but we are going down to WDW for a long weekend in January and plan on checking out the venues on our own. Meanwhile, I booked an outside photographer, an officiant, bought my wedding dress and a guest book, and I'm testing out some wooden sola flowers that I want to use for our bouquets. There's plenty to do while the planners are getting back up to speed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts