Is anyone else booked for the first weekend of November?

bambam007

Earning My Ears
We are booked for our first stay at Aulani for the first weekend they are scheduled to open. No quarantine issues because we are already in Hawaii.
Anyone else going?
pointers?

We're booked for the 12th, and hoping it's still a go. But since you're in Hawaii, you have to give us the pointers! How are things over there? Are people allowed to go to beaches? I heard recently that the Surgeon General got a citation for hanging out in a park that was closed.

Admittedly, the biggest fear I have about this trip is running afoul of some little rule that's been enacted due to COVID and having to cough up $5K.

WE are too! WE used Dave's DVC rental's and cannot reschedule as this was already from May. We had no idea it would go on this long. We are flying from DFW non stop, so we have to have the covid test and all., I am worried they will not open on time and then we will have to cancel last minute. Been watching the news daily! (11/6-13)
The dining is the other concern i have as not much will be available around the resort.

And i also would love to know do we have to wear a mask on the beach? in a chair? any information would be great.

The 24th here, coming from Orange County, CA. Just me and my husband, first timers too although Aulani is our home resort - Hoping to get tested through Hawaiian Airlines. Very curious about the mask on the beach and pool chair as I have heard differing things. Also, a tad disappointed in the food options as well. Hoping everyone will report back - very anxious to see how this goes!

We are booked for our first stay at Aulani for the first weekend they are scheduled to open. No quarantine issues because we are already in Hawaii.
Anyone else going?
pointers?
I see in another thread you are a resident of Hawaii, I don't want to get political or go into about testing requirements as I think its already been said enough times here already and what not but would you say that for the most part the residents are ready to welcome tourists back? I am so worried there are going to be protesters at the airport as we land or we will get yelled at the beach...I have a list of things to do off the beaten track - as we are staying over Thanksgiving not sure how the crowds will be at Aulani so we have other things planned but plan to keep to ourselves and be respectful and all that. Just excited to be able to finally visit our home resort!

I see in another thread you are a resident of Hawaii, I don't want to get political or go into about testing requirements as I think its already been said enough times here already and what not but would you say that for the most part the residents are ready to welcome tourists back? I am so worried there are going to be protesters at the airport as we land or we will get yelled at the beach...I have a list of things to do off the beaten track - as we are staying over Thanksgiving not sure how the crowds will be at Aulani so we have other things planned but plan to keep to ourselves and be respectful and all that. Just excited to be able to finally visit our home resort!

oh I hope they don't do that at the airport or on the beach! never even thought of that. But now I will stick to my plan of staying near the resort.

oh I hope they don't do that at the airport or on the beach! never even thought of that. But now I will stick to my plan of staying near the resort.
yea, we want to hike and go to some other beaches - we don't really want to go into Waikiki this time around as we have done it so I'm not too worried about that - just random thoughts I have go through my head at 2am! We are also rescheduled from May on our points and honestly I just don't want to go to WDW until the mask requirement is loosened and park hopping is back which is why are sticking with Aulani - and also who could say no to Thanksgiving in Hawaii!

We are! But we also live on island so it's a bit easier for us. I know quite a few local families that have booked for that weekend as well.

Hi there! I grew up on the Big Island and now live on Oahu believe me, us locals are ready to welcome back visitors to the islands. So many small business here have had to shut their doors due to this shutdown. As long as you are respectful of the rules in place such as wearing a mask and being mindful of the physical distancing you will be welcomed with aloha. Please go out beyond the resort areas and try and pitch a hand to the small business that do exist. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Hi there! I grew up on the Big Island and now live on Oahu believe me, us locals are ready to welcome back visitors to the islands. So many small business here have had to shut their doors due to this shutdown. As long as you are respectful of the rules in place such as wearing a mask and being mindful of the physical distancing you will be welcomed with aloha. Please go out beyond the resort areas and try and pitch a hand to the small business that do exist. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Thank you so much for such a thoughtful reply! Yes, that's our plan, we love looking for those small business and are ready to support and be respectful and mindful etc.! Thank you again! :)

Anyone else going?
pointers?
We are going Nov 11 to 14th in a 1 bedroom villa. My two main concerns are 1) lack of food choices and 2) reading the resort and lagoon will ONLY be open to guests. No visiting by those just wanting to see Aulani

We will be there Saturday, November 7 - Saturday, November 14. It will be a relief once we are past the travel part and are actually in our 2 bedroom villa.

Anyone else going?
pointers?

We're going to be there, too! It seems like all the locals picked the same weekend to go lol.

I feel like the majority of locals are ready to welcome back tourists who are willing to follow the rules. With state unemployment running out for the first round of people who were laid off in March and no foreseeable end to the current situation, people have warmed to the idea of reopening Hawaii.

If there is one piece of advice I can offer that will ensure you're treated with aloha it's to wear a mask at all times except when you are eating, in the water, or stationary on the beach.

We are going Nov 11 to 14th in a 1 bedroom villa. My two main concerns are 1) lack of food choices and 2) reading the resort and lagoon will ONLY be open to guests. No visiting by those just wanting to see Aulani

I'm worried about the food situation as well. If you don't have a car, you can used UberEats, Bitesquad, DoorDash, or GrubHub to have food delivered for a (very expensive) fee.

Ko Olina's conditional use permit, as well as state law, requires all beaches to be accessible to the public. The lagoons are manmade, but they are still considered shoreline/beach. The resort recently tried to "manage" access but quickly backtracked when the city issued a fine and locals began organizing a protest. All lagoons will be open to both tourists and locals. Public parking lots will only be operating at 50% capacity, though.

I haven't been able to get a straight answer on whether or not the public can visit Aulani. I'm in a couple of local Disney communities and most people are being told they can shop even if they don't have a room reservation but some dining locations will only be available to hotel guests. When I called, I was told only guests with a room reservation will be allowed on property.

If there is one piece of advice I can offer that will ensure you're treated with aloha it's to wear a mask at all times except when you are eating, in the water, or stationary on the beach.

I'm worried about the food situation as well. If you don't have a car, you can used UberEats, Bitesquad, DoorDash, or GrubHub to have food delivered for a (very expensive) fee.

This is the first time I've heard that masks aren't required if you are stationary on the beach. That is very good news.

I'm assuming that you need to meet the food delivery at the entrance to the resort- they won't bring it up to your room. Can anyone share their experiences? Is my assumption correct?

I found this on the website and I believe it’s interpret it as you have to have a room reservation to go on the property but not 100% for sure

Please be aware that you’ll also need:
  • A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to provide your email to receive any important updates prior to your arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!