Is anyone else booked for the first weekend of November?

I'd think that Monkeypod is wholly dependent on hotel occupancy at the Ko Olina hotels. Right now I don't think anything is open, but maybe a week or so after Aulani opens and they see how many people are coming in, they'll reassess.

Keep in mind, these are my Sunday morning speculations, as I have no real idea of when they'd open.

We're going to be there, too! It seems like all the locals picked the same weekend to go lol.

I feel like the majority of locals are ready to welcome back tourists who are willing to follow the rules. With state unemployment running out for the first round of people who were laid off in March and no foreseeable end to the current situation, people have warmed to the idea of reopening Hawaii.

I haven't been able to get a straight answer on whether or not the public can visit Aulani. I'm in a couple of local Disney communities and most people are being told they can shop even if they don't have a room reservation but some dining locations will only be available to hotel guests. When I called, I was told only guests with a room reservation will be allowed on property.

We ended up moving the first weekend to the first few week days they are open because we kept hearing of people we know on island had booked for that weekend so I have a feeling it may be slightly more crowded on weekends right now. Hopeful the first few days will be a bit less crowded but who knows.

When I spoke to CM's about who is allowed on property to include the shops I was told you must be a registered hotel guest. Which I am sure is not going to make the Hawaii Disney resellers happy. I have heard many plan to show up opening day to get new merch.

This is the first time I've heard that masks aren't required if you are stationary on the beach. That is very good news.

I'm assuming that you need to meet the food delivery at the entrance to the resort- they won't bring it up to your room. Can anyone share their experiences? Is my assumption correct?

The masks on the beach rule is very confusing. At first, you didn't have to wear them on the beach. Then you did have to wear them on the beach unless you were seated alone. I believe the latest order says you don't have to wear a mask on the beach as long as you're sitting with people from your household. Very few locals wear their masks while sitting on the sand or in the water. Most do wear their masks while walking from their cars to the sand, though.

I've never ordered food while staying at Aulani, but I've read from other posters that delivery people could not bring the food to the room.

We're going to be there, too! It seems like all the locals picked the same weekend to go lol.

I feel like the majority of locals are ready to welcome back tourists who are willing to follow the rules. With state unemployment running out for the first round of people who were laid off in March and no foreseeable end to the current situation, people have warmed to the idea of reopening Hawaii.

If there is one piece of advice I can offer that will ensure you're treated with aloha it's to wear a mask at all times except when you are eating, in the water, or stationary on the beach.

I'm worried about the food situation as well. If you don't have a car, you can used UberEats, Bitesquad, DoorDash, or GrubHub to have food delivered for a (very expensive) fee.

Ko Olina's conditional use permit, as well as state law, requires all beaches to be accessible to the public. The lagoons are manmade, but they are still considered shoreline/beach. The resort recently tried to "manage" access but quickly backtracked when the city issued a fine and locals began organizing a protest. All lagoons will be open to both tourists and locals. Public parking lots will only be operating at 50% capacity, though.

I haven't been able to get a straight answer on whether or not the public can visit Aulani. I'm in a couple of local Disney communities and most people are being told they can shop even if they don't have a room reservation but some dining locations will only be available to hotel guests. When I called, I was told only guests with a room reservation will be allowed on property.
appreciate your response! :)

Landed and with correct QR code through in 5 minutes. hertz is another story!!! Really long line!! Update: if you are Gold Hertz or higher there’s a separate line inside going into the National door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts