Is clothing required on your verandah?

This thread is hilarious on so many levels. From the pearl clutchers to the kiss & tell.

Here's the thing---if you don't like the idea of getting busy on the verandah, don't do it! Problem solved.

This isn't "if you hear something, say something". Relax. It's a cruise. It's supposed to be fun and you don't get to dictate what that is.

I'm surprised I haven't read the classic "Walt would be rolling over in his grave" yet. Some folks take their Disney a little too seriously.

I think privacy is expected in your room and balcony. Really dissuade? Harsh. Maybe those people need to live a little.

JW

If there was a scale that went from prude at one end to hedonistic at the other, I'm sure most fall in the middle. But come on, we all know the Disney reputation as a prime family vacation, so while you may get a few voyeurs, most aren't going to want to see that stuff, and I'm certain most would not want their kids exposed to that. That's all I'm saying. I'm all for having fun, but I think we do need to be considerate of others.

I think the issue with that as I understand it from many posts is that it's not exactly all that private and it could be exposing that activity to other nearby guests. So I don't think it's easily dismissed with a just don't do it.
You may be correct about it being not so private, but I've never heard a single person, other than 1 previous poster saying they heard something on CC, complaining about The Verandah Club. If it was a problem, you know people would be complaining about it here.

You may be correct about it being not so private, but I've never heard a single person, other than 1 previous poster saying they heard something on CC, complaining about The Verandah Club. If it was a problem, you know people would be complaining about it here.

And to be fair, that wasn't even "veranda club" - I guess that was "Cabana club".

If there was a scale that went from prude at one end to hedonistic at the other, I'm sure most fall in the middle. But come on, we all know the Disney reputation as a prime family vacation, so while you may get a few voyeurs, most aren't going to want to see that stuff, and I'm certain most would not want their kids exposed to that. That's all I'm saying. I'm all for having fun, but I think we do need to be considerate of others.
Then the others just need not snoop or peek. That's really the only way to be seen.

Oh, it is not mythical, trust me. It even has even Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels, along with a Grand Slam distinction. As for permanent souvenirs, our goal is to stay out of that category.
This is the most entertaining thread I have read in a LONG time. We have a verandah on our upcoming cruise. We have had a verandah one other time on our very first cruise and I was about 6 months pregnant so the verandah club never crossed my mind. Probably won't happen this time either since we have our 13y/o and 9 y/o cruising with us but its always good to know the "facts".:tongue:

This is the most entertaining thread I have read in a LONG time. We have a verandah on our upcoming cruise. We have had a verandah one other time on our very first cruise and I was about 6 months pregnant so the verandah club never crossed my mind. Probably won't happen this time either since we have our 13y/o and 9 y/o cruising with us but its always good to know the "facts".:tongue:
Kids club!

This is one of the most entertaining threads on the Disboards! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
We always cruise with a verandah and our two kids. I can honestly say that they've been cruising since they were 7 years old and never have I had to tell them not to look next door to a neighboring verandah or not to be nosy. Like others have said, there are too many other things that are much more interesting.
With all of this talk about the verandah club and balcony nudest colony, I do believe that I will be putting together some FE gifts that include Clorox wipes to sanitize the chairs on the verandah. :scared:

One of the most entertaining threads I’ve read here in quite some time. Of course now that I’m interested, we have a non-verandah cabin booked for our upcoming New Year’s Cruise. LOL.

Come on upgrade!!

Just got off of the Dream today and from the talk, they arrested a lady that decided to walk around deck 10 with nothing on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter