Is clothing required on your verandah?

Stay on topic please. This is the naked verandah post (with a Cabana Club tangent). Naked Deck 10 discussions should be relegated to their own post. :flower1:
I agree! I don't think we need to discuss if deck 10 is private or public. If Disney did make it private could you imagine the cost for the cruise? :scared1:

Yo,,, Ho Ho. Has anyone read the contract you all agree to ? Ok, sounds mean,, I'm not,, just pointing it out to all. This is a silly but fun to read question, and responses. Reality check. Read your contract. the answer to the original question is here..

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/cruise-contract/united-states/

Check out Item 25. Your answer is in there.

Basically they have the right to toss your butt off,,,

Its Disney and Im paying for that image. Not someone's own butt. On another line I'd think differently. My opinion to this. not an opinion to the contract.. :) Happy Friday 13th all.

Yo,,, Ho Ho. Has anyone read the contract you all agree to ? Ok, sounds mean,, I'm not,, just pointing it out to all. This is a silly but fun to read question, and responses. Reality check. Read your contract. the answer to the original question is here..

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/cruise-contract/united-states/

Check out Item 25. Your answer is in there.

Basically they have the right to toss your butt off,,,

Its Disney and Im paying for that image. Not someone's own butt. On another line I'd think differently. My opinion to this. not an opinion to the contract.. :) Happy Friday 13th all.

Realizing this is an old thread and even this post I'm quoting is several months old, I felt compelled to reply. I read item 25. Seems you are suggesting that if I am naked on my verandah it constitutes a risk to the well being of another guest on the ship. I mean, the section talks about mental and physical health and behaviors arising from these conditions that may put other guests at risk, but I think they'd be hard pressed to use this clause to disembark a guest who was lounging on a verandah, sans clothing.

I also searched the cruise contract for key works such as nude, naked, clothing, verandah, etc. What you wear or don't wear on your verandah (or anywhere else on the for that matter) is not contained within the cruise contract. I couldn't even find a reference in any FAQ or policy.

Realizing this is an old thread and even this post I'm quoting is several months old, I felt compelled to reply. I read item 25. Seems you are suggesting that if I am naked on my verandah it constitutes a risk to the well being of another guest on the ship. I mean, the section talks about mental and physical health and behaviors arising from these conditions that may put other guests at risk, but I think they'd be hard pressed to use this clause to disembark a guest who was lounging on a verandah, sans clothing.

I also searched the cruise contract for key works such as nude, naked, clothing, verandah, etc. What you wear or don't wear on your verandah (or anywhere else on the for that matter) is not contained within the cruise contract. I couldn't even find a reference in any FAQ or policy.

I can only speak for myself, but if this flabby old great-grandmother were out naked on my verandah where someone could see me, everyone in the immediate vicinity would probably be hitting the eye-wash station. So as a public service in regards to the mental and physical health of my fellow shipmates, I will at the very least have my new black swimsuit on. That way, they'll only think Shamu escaped and is on his way to the Bahamas.....

I can only speak for myself, but if this flabby old great-grandmother were out naked on my verandah where someone could see me, everyone in the immediate vicinity would probably be hitting the eye-wash station. So as a public service in regards to the mental and physical health of my fellow shipmates, I will at the very least have my new black swimsuit on. That way, they'll only think Shamu escaped and is on his way to the Bahamas.....
:rotfl2:I'm with you.

I wouldn’t call the verandas necessarily private. Just because you can’t see anyone else from your veranda doesn’t means others on the ship can’t see you. Some of the balconies have a bump out that allow overall views of some of the verandas below. In addition, security cameras on the ship provide fairly detailed views of onboard activities. Just so ya know :);)

As I posted earlier in the thread, if my kid sees you naked I will consider that a risk to their well being and report you. No, I am not a prude but that is not what I go on vacation for.

That actually goes to the original question here - is it allowed -, if so. reporting it would be futile. I don't think we ever got an answer to the question. There are a few ex-CMs here that should know.

Funniest answer at a "Newlyweds game" we've ever heard on a cruise. This was a crazy Australian couple that was everywhere around the ship (non-DCL), karaoke, cooking classes, etc. The show was on day 2 or 3 of a 14 day cruise.

Host : What's the craziest place you've ever made woopy?
Both answers : a cruise ship verandah
Host : How many cruises have you been on ?
Answer : This is our first !!!o_O

Mine is better:
Host: What's the craziest place you've ever made woopy?
Answer Male: Balcony on our last cruise.
Answer Female: Balcony on our last cruise. Wait, we didn't have a balcony on our last cruise, we used our friends. The friends were seated in the audience.
Later on the same cruise, during DISBoards meet/tour of rooms; the balcony rooms people asked the couple if they wanted to use the balcony.

I think it would be a stretch to argue that the simple state of being naked constitutes any kind of risk to anyone. But they might get you under this part of clause 25, if they so chose:

"Carrier may refuse to transport or may disembark... any Guest... whose presence in the opinion of the Master may be detrimental to the comfort... of any other Guest, crewmember, or person..."

Not to say it's not allowed. Only that it may be disallowed if the captain decides, in his (or her) opinion, that it is detrimental to someone's comfort. Which is, of course, utterly subjective. There are probably laws that dictate how this can be interpreted (eg. Person A presumably cannot legally be thrown off the ship because Person B decides he is "uncomfortable" with Person A's religion or skin colour), but I have no idea if any such laws apply to the "naked on the balcony" situation.

Personally, I would argue that if you're out of direct sight, any discomfort felt by someone choosing to look onto your balcony is a result of their own action, not yours. But I'm not the captain, so my opinion doesn't matter.

That actually goes to the original question here - is it allowed -, if so. reporting it would be futile. I don't think we ever got an answer to the question. There are a few ex-CMs here that should know.
I'm pretty sure this is one of those "don't ask ... don't tell" things. If you are out naked or making whoopee on your balcony and someone sees you and reports it, I'm guessing you'll get a form letter in your stateroom as a reminder that balcony staterooms are semi-private as sort of a not-so-subtle hint that you've been caught. I'm also guessing that if some kid sees you, they may not say anything, unless they need that eye-wash station!! LOL.

Anyway ... it's a fun thread. To me, it's highly doubtful anyone is getting thrown off the ship for doing so, unless they have been caught, asked not to and still insist on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter