Is Disney Club worth it for DVC Members?

marc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
If your a DVC member is this overkill?

It depends on what features you will use!

Both offer a discount at TDS, but DC offers discounts at more stores at DD and offers a small discount (~5%) on AP's and Hopper passes.

You just need to do the math on how you would use the membership. We save $$$ each year on AP's and at DD stores- so we enjoy the DC membership in addition to DVC.

We got a DC card through a corporate program for $29....we were going to save about $40-$50 buying Park Hoppers. The real savings however ended up being with a car rental. I had a weekly minivan rate of $209 with Dollar (using a code from the Budget Board). Shortly before our trip (a few weeks ago), I checked the National site to check rates because that's my company's preferred supplier and I have an Emerald Aisle card. The Corporate Rate was $219/week. I then put in the National DC code...the DC coupon indicated it'd be 10% off, and I assumed 10% off the list rate, but what they ended up giving us was rate of $219/week matching the corporate rate and then a $61 discount on top of that! Net, I got a 200% return on my DC card before I even bought any tickets. Just wanted to mention this because I originally ignored comments about rental car discounts figuring that all the discounts/corporate programs are about the same, but the DC discount really does amount to something.

I have to admit being very impressed with the National Car rental discounts recently. We have used it on other trips which were not to Orlando.

This year the savings we had on ONE National Car Rental PAID FOR our DC membership!!!! And we will be making three trips this year.

Plus it functions as an Entertaiment Card at many local establishments.

For us it is well worth the money!!!!!

Thanks for all your input.

We used the Entertainment discount at a Holiday Inn Express when we attended a DISmeet in Chicago this March. We got half off the usual rate for the room, so the card paid for itself that weekend. In the future we will most likely use the DC for discounts on park passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter