Is disney springs a must?

rjrcstan

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

This is going to be our second trip to Disney and last one for a while. We land at MCO around 11am and were planning on spending that day at the pool and going to HDDR. However, we have never been to disney Springs and I was wondering if it's something that I should try to include in our trip. My boys are 9 and 7.

TIA

There are some pretty good restaurants there, other than that it’s a really nice outdoor shopping mall.
If we are eating at one of the restaurants we go, but my family doesn’t really enjoy shopping that much so would never go there for that.

If you have never been, and won't be back to Disney for a while, I would make it a point to go.

For our next trip, we are thinking about not going. We were just there this pasted January. And I was also there last September. But this next trip, in September, is a quick, cheaper trip. We aren't doing but one table service, and we have done all of the shopping that we need to do. For us, the Springs would be a waste of time.

Last edited:
It’s a mall. Check the store list and if those stores appeal to you then go. We love the LEGO store and don’t have one near us. Other than that, we can take it or leave it. There are a few restaurants we love there but it’s not a must do for us.

I’ve been to Disney probably 20 times. I’ve been to Disney springs once. That was enough. Unless I want to eat there I don’t plan on going back especially with my kids. It’s shopping in the heat with them seeing all kinds of stuff to buy that I won’t spend the money on.

There are some great eateries. And I love to shop, so it’s heavenly to me. DH really enjoys some of the restaurants, so he goes along for the ride. But I really enjoy taking a 1/2 day or so to shop alone or with the other gals in the family. The men in the family will golf or whatever and maybe meet up with us for dinner later. It works.

I would think with little boys, probably not since shopping isn't a priority to them and other than that there are restaurants which probably wouldn't be worth the trip with them either. Back when it was DD we went maybe twice when my son brought his then finace just because she loved to shop. I can shop in the parks, shop high end in Atlanta and after over 34 years of going, still haven't eaten at all the TS restaurants at the resorts and parks so it's not worth it for us.

I bought my DVC at SSR just for the proximity to Disney Springs. We walk over almost daily to get some food or a couple of drinks. And of course, my wife likes to shop.

But we don't have kids. So unless you there is a must do restaurant or you are shopping for something, there is no need yet.

It is a mall, but depending on where you live, maybe something different for you. If you go, the Lego store is really cool...especially for kids that age. See if you can see some high school groups entertaining on the stage. There's a nice bowling alley and movie theater. Sprinkles cupcakes and Ghirardelli ice cream/chocolate shop. ...and of course, lots of other stores and restaurants.

Back when there was Pleasure Island, we used to have a blast at the comedy club and dance clubs. But now that it’s gone, we don’t see the need to go there to shop and eat when we can do that at the parks and resorts. When we have gone, after checking out the World of Disney store, we just kind of wandered aimlessly. Not for us.

I don't think its a must do, but if you have some down time or a non-park day, its nice to head over there. There's some good places to eat, interesting places to wander around, etc. I usually go there once a trip if I have time, but I don't feel its mandatory.

I wouldn't say it's a "must do", but there are definitely some things there your boys might enjoy. My boys are 11 and 9 and they like visiting some of the shops like the Lego store, Coca-cola store, World of Disney, Star Wars shop, etc. They loved bowling at Splitsville. There is also the water cars and the hot air balloon ride. If you have time in your plans I do think it's worth a visit.

If it is convenient, I would go. But, overall, it is just shops and restaurants. I Would spend my non - park time at the resort pool instead with boys that age. However, they do have a cool lego store but at that age my son would have preferred the pool :)

Looks like I'm the odd man out...but I would make a point to go. It's one of my favorite places to be when we're down there. We don't even go through the mall section of it - we just stroll around with a drink (mickey bar for our 3-yr-old) and listen to the different live music performances going on, sit along the water and just relax. Can't beat the restaurant selections either.

I shop just at one store Bath and Basin I get bath bombs for a bath after the parks. We do not have a store like that here, so it is a real treat.

I liked Disney Springs. It was a good way to start our Orlando vacation. We enjoyed walking around, had a fun meal at the T-Rex cafe and although I am not a big shopper when on a trip, the layout of the shops was pleasant enough. I think the Disney gift shop there was excellent.

I wouldn’t say it was a ‘must do’ but it’s certainly a nice curtain-raiser for your vacation or a break from the parks.

No, it is not a must do. But if do decide to go, make sure you go in the Coke store and take the boys to see the Coca Cola polar bear. It is a meet and greet on the 2nd floor. It is a bit hidden so make sure to ask someone for directions if you can't find it. The bear is so funny and awesome. Your boys will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!