Is Febuary the worst Month

Is Feb the worst Month

• Yes

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
Totally against the grain of posts in this thread, but I hate March and October, it gets so windy here in those months, gales almost every day....BUT love January and February, summer has really set in then, long hot days, cicadas chirping in the evenings.

But then I am from Australia, so there is that. Summer this year has been pretty hit and miss, sad it will be ending soon, it took so long to get it started.

January is the worst because we've just had a full season of Christmas trees, decorations, lights, wrapped packages, music, and an endless assortment of food and treats. Then comes January, all the pleasantry is gone, we're left with a barren, bitter cold wasteland of despair and horrible weather for months to come. February/March/April also are among the worst months but each one gets incrementally better--not good, just not as awful as the month before. At least February is short.:)

Couldn’t agree more. Well said.

No, it’s wonderful. We are driving back from the zoo. Spent a few hours watching the baby orangutans. We live in Florida.

I'm changing my answer. (I said January before.) I now vote March, because I expect nasty weather in January, but I had hope for March, and it's been awful so far!
:worship: Oh, soooo YES!! Sounds like hyperbole, I know, but this has literally been the worst winter recorded in Calgary in my lifetime. March snowfall records have already been exceeded and we’re less than a week in. :sad: Winter just needs to Go.Away.Now.

Either that or we do. We’ve never had a warm-weather vacation during the winter before but at the end of the month we are out of here!! :car: Haven’t decided where we’re going yet but I’ll nail something down within the next couple days. :beach:

I think January is the worst month. I feel like that's the month when old people die - all of my grandparents and DH's grandparents all died in January. I've had two friends my age die, and they both died in January as well. Maybe it's in my imagination, but I feel like the cold + flu going around + other respiratory illnesses must lead to a higher rate of death amongst the sick in January than in other months?

I think January is the worst month. I feel like that's the month when old people die - all of my grandparents and DH's grandparents all died in January. I've had two friends my age die, and they both died in January as well. Maybe it's in my imagination, but I feel like the cold + flu going around + other respiratory illnesses must lead to a higher rate of death amongst the sick in January than in other months?

Interesting observation, I'm sorry about your grandparents, that would indeed make January a downer. I'm sorry for the nasty storms and the power outages some of you are suffering. March has been ok here but we're clearly not out of the woods as the weather could go all the way to terrible at the drop of a hat.

On a happier note--It's almost green beer time!:shamrock:

Interesting observation, I'm sorry about your grandparents, that would indeed make January a downer. I'm sorry for the nasty storms and the power outages some of you are suffering. March has been ok here but we're clearly not out of the woods as the weather could go all the way to terrible at the drop of a hat.

On a happier note--It's almost green beer time!:shamrock:

Yes on the happier note. Speaking as someone who's wedding ring is actually a claddagh, green wine or appletinis not a beer drinker. Very bad Irishwoman:drinking1:drinking1

Jan is the worst to me! Here Mardi Gras is usually in Feb & by March weather is beautiful! It’s also crawfish season which we love! March & April are actually my fav mos b/c by May it’s hot already :(

That happen to me too. It’s the month my dad suddenly got sick & died. But I did already hate it too.

I think February is the hardest, with January a close second.

With January at least there's a little bit of a "new beginnings" vibe going on with the New Year, getting the house back together after the holidays, etc. By late January, I'm definitely "over it" though. And February seems SO LONG for such a short month. I think the worst part of winter is that it's so dreary and grey here. It's rare to see the sun between late November and mid-March. In December, you can distract yourself with the holidays, but by February, I'm going stir crazy.

In March, I start to see some glimmer of hope -- and we start to get more sunny days, even if they're still cold.

...Winter just needs to Go.Away.Now. Either that or we do. We’ve never had a warm-weather vacation during the winter before but at the end of the month we are out of here!! :car: Haven’t decided where we’re going yet but I’ll nail something down within the next couple days. :beach:
Woot!! DH and I finally had a few quiet minutes to sit down and figure out our sprin-ter break! We're flying into LA and will spend a day or two at DLR before heading south to San Diego and then back up the PCH to San Francisco. DH absolutely LOVES a road trip and while it may not be tropical, it's got to be better than where we are now. Off to visit the DLR board to see what's new at our "home park" since our last visit! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter