Is Galaxy's Edge finished?

Ashleybs

Mouseketeer
Is this area finished minus the hotel? Looked online and never saw anything that indicated either way. Just curious!

Yes and no. As far as I know, all shops, dining, and attractions that were announced are now open. I expected more wandering characters/droids. Hopefully, that will happen. They at least implied that you would take part in the story and interactions around the land would be based on what you had done. This hasn't happened, perhaps it will with the hotel.
All that said, Walt's famous quote was "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." I think this applies to all Disney parks including Galaxy's Edge. Therefore, even if it is done, there will always be changes, new shows, attractions, interactions, etc.

All the major things have opened. At some point hopefully they’ll utilize the discreet stages throughout the area for something, have roaming droids, and the level of interactivity they advertised. But who knows if or when that will happen? I think droids at least will happen, but not til crowds are lower. I’m sure a lot of money was spent to develop the tech for that.

They originally planned a table service restaurant that ended up getting cut. At some point they might add that back in. Otherwise, yeah, it's basically done.

Hopefully they'll add more stuff to it as the years pass. The "bantha" ride sounded great.

They originally planned a table service restaurant that ended up getting cut. At some point they might add that back in. Otherwise, yeah, it's basically done.
I’ve read that the space for a table service restaurant is still there. Much like the Toy Story Land restaurant that is coming, I hope that the GE restaurant will be built fairly soon.

I’ve read that the space for a table service restaurant is still there. Much like the Toy Story Land restaurant that is coming, I hope that the GE restaurant will be built fairly soon.

Indeed it is. Just kind of an empty hole somewhere near the cantina, where it was supposed to be built.

There is also an expansion pad in the land for an additional attraction. It may or may not ever get used.

With Chapek now running the show, I expect Galaxy's Edge will be turned into a parking lot in short order.

If they do anything short-term, I'd predict an expansion of the Cantina and/or lightsaber making. They'd pay for themselves in a day.

If they do anything short-term, I'd predict an expansion of the Cantina and/or lightsaber making. They'd pay for themselves in a day.

Does just doing more of the same really count as an "expansion"? I'd hope an expansion would include new experiences.

I'd expect them to expend the area if it continues to be massive revenue earner.

Would be cool if they built a table service restaurant and bantha ride

There is space for them to the right of Millennium Falcon

I'd expect them to expend the area if it continues to be massive revenue earner.

Would be cool if they built a table service restaurant and bantha ride

There is space for them to the right of Millennium Falcon
there's not a ton of space left, so not sure how much they are able to actually expand in terms of acreage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter