Is HRH inconsistent?

Bchamp

Mouseketeer
I love HRH, I love the parks, and I really love FOTL, however, it seems after reading the posts here that they are becoming inconsistent with their rules regarding booking.
We are Loews first members, fan club members, annual pass holders, ( thanks to the special), florida residents, and have entertainment book.
Last year we stayed at HRH, ( best vacation to a theme park we ever had btw), but booked with the entertainment card rate, so we got NO perks from HRH at all, No baskets, or upgrade or little bags for the kids.
However, I am confused how some people who book entertainment rate are getting upgraded and the other perks when I was told we could not.
Have they changed their rules and are they now allowing all Loews members the same perks regardless of what rate they get?
Or are they just being inconsistent?

I think the hotel business is much like any other kind of customer service type business....what you get depends on who waits on you. I have stayed at HRH 2 times in the last year and was a Loews member. I never recieved any of the "perks" according to the Loews website. The only perk I would consider would be the upgrade from poolview to club level, but that was only becasue they overbooked the hotel and that was the only place to put us. Personally, I would rather had my poolview room as we ended up with a lovely view of the driveway and vallet cover to the front entrance. :rolleyes: Personally the "perks" of being Loews members is nothing fabulous anyway. I mean....I'm sure the cheese/wine or cookies and milk or basket of fruit would be better quality if you just go out and buy the stuff yourself. I would rather focus on a clean room with an airconditioner that works and my FOTL room key rather than get upset over not recieving half ripened fruit. :D Good luck if you can get those perks though. For us, it is just not what we look for in a hotel on property.

For all the reasons I stay at a Universal Resort, the free wine or cheese/cookies at checkin is at the bottom of the importance list.

If you book using a discount or promotional rate, you are not guaranteed to get the free Loews First gift.

You are also not guaranteed a free upgrade no matter what your rate.

Just because you have read that it's happened to other people, it doesn't mean it will happen to you!

It depends on who waits on you at the hotel for the perk and the upgrade depends on their occupancy level.

If you are staying on-site for any of these reasons, I would advise you to not get your hopes up. If you get the gifts and the upgrade, GREAT... If you don't, don't let it bother you!

If you don't get the checkin gift, why don't you take the money you saved by getting the deeply discounted Entertainment rate and buy a nice bottle of wine for your room or go out to dinner. Or you could always pay rack rate to ensure that you will get the checkin gift..

I also agree that the perks do not make the hotel......the fotl does!!
And I could stay in the worst room there and still be grateful that I don't have to wait in line for more than 15 or 20 minutes.
But it still irks me that they don't treat everyone the same.
I am not looking for anything that I am not entitled to, but it bothers me that it depends on who you get at check-in for how you are treated.
I like to be fair to people and I guess I expect the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter