"Is It November Yet?" Magic 11/13-20/04 Day 4 St Maarten

GrayFal

I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EV
Day 4 – Tuesday, November 16, 2004 – St Maarten

I awoke after 7:00 and we were already docked in St Maarten. I went out on the verandah and enjoyed the view. As we were on the starboard side, we did not face the harbor but looked at the surrounding hillside and back out to sea. You could see another mountainous island in the distance; later someone told us it was the island where they filmed the movie ‘King Kong’? I had arranged for us to have our REAS Champagne Breakfast this morning – this was a full breakfast including hot dishes as well as the usual coffee, juice and fruit delivered by room service. After a leisurely meal, we packed our rolling cooler with ‘adult’ beverages, went up on deck and just enjoyed the view, taking pictures and deciding what to do. We had planned to take a taxi to Orient Beach but decided to go to the town beach, Great Bay Beach. (We found out later this was a good choice as our friends who went to Orient Beach said it was very crowded and the surf was rough, making swimming difficult) We left the ship and I got some great shots of the details of the hull from the dock. A short walk took us to the water taxi that takes you to the downtown for $5 round trip – as many times as you want to go. By the time we left, it was close to noon. We got off the taxi at the second stop, Town Pier. As it seemed more crowded to the left, we walked to the right and rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for $15. We went swimming several times and I actually fell asleep on the beach. The vendors selling stuff’ were VERY annoying – constantly interrupting and pestering you - not like Aruba where there are no vendors on the beach. We returned to the ship around 3 and relaxed by the Quiet Cove Pool – hot tubing for me! We had burgers and chicken fingers from Pluto’s and were sitting under the overhang when it :umbrella: RAINED! Luckily it was after 4:30 so it didn’t cut short anyone’s good time. We did hear later that several afternoon excursions were canceled because of rough weather – PoohJen missed her snorkeling :fish: cruise, but KY John & Susan were able to do their snuba.

We went back to the cabin and got ready for dinner. We watched the ship pull away from our cabin; it was already dark and still raining lightly. Before dinner I went to see Danielle, the booking agent. As she was helping Rocadonismom to rebook, the satellite went down and she couldn’t get any quotes! I told her my dates and my room preference that I had checked the prices online before I came onboard and told her to book it for us. She would call our room with the rate and then send a written confirmation to the room. We were set! Now, to tell DH … LOL. I am sure I will think of the right time! Met the gang for dinner; it was Pirate pirate: /Tropical Night and KY John and Susan were dressed to the nines in Pirate Regalia. We celebrated chichihoney’s Birthday with singing and a cake. Our servers in Parrot Cay was also dressed up and put on quite a show! We all went to the Pirate Deck Party at the Goofy pool, which was a great production and included a rappelling Pirate and Captain Hook. There was a Best Pirate pirate: Contest that was won by Coriedorie’s DH. She came over and said “Are you on the DIS?” and introduced herself to me after the contest, saying she recognized me from my picture on the Hannomax site. I also met her DD Cantsitstill and her Pirate DH, too. It was a beautiful night, warm and not too windy/rocky for a change. Or maybe we were just so used to the rocking, we didn’t notice. But we went to bed soon after the party ended at 11:30, as we had to get up VERY early to go thru immigration in St Thomas. :boat:

<a href=http://130.94.75.33/showthread.php?t=689407>Click for Day 5 – St Thomas</a> :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter