Is it worth it

Fairydust17

Earning My Ears
Hi I’m looking at doing Akershus or CRT for breakfast is it worth the £180 it’s going to cost?

I am going to answer your question this way, it wouldn't be worth it to me. I don't know what amount you posted but here in the USA, that breakfast will cost in US dollars anywhere between 45-50 dollars for adults and 27-30 dollars for children, depending on the time of year. For me, 50 dollars is a lot of money for bacon and eggs. Yes, I know they offer much more than that but come on, it's still bacon and eggs. Yes you have characters and I am a big fan of character dining for the dinner meal, but 50 dollars for breakfast? Again, my opinion. I eat breakfast at the dining facility in our hotel and for 12 dollars I get more than enough to eat.

Hi it’s roughly about $52pp plus tip so x4 as my children are over 10 I’ve never done a character meal and would like to experience it and the princesses are probably of more interest than the other characters but as you say it is just breakfast??

Hi I’m looking at doing Akershus or CRT for breakfast is it worth the £180 it’s going to cost?
For two adults?

People with children?

Just girls?

Folks who have never been to Disney?

People who typically eat fast-food versus people who only enjoy fine-dining?

In a vacuum, I have no answer other than, when our daughter was between ages 3-7 years of age, we had lovely experiences at both. Breakfast was our least favored meal, unless it came with the opportunity to be in the Parks before the official Park Opening (often referred to as Rope Drop).

When my daughters were little and they were really excited about meeting the princesses, the price for a character meal at Akershus was totally worth it for our family. We could sit at the table and wait for the princesses to come to us in air conditioned comfort. Now that my kids are older (and considered adults for meal prices by Disney), I just can't bring myself to pay for a character meal. My kids aren't going to be sad if they don't meet a whole bunch of princesses, and the food alone just isn't worth the price. So if you are really interested in meeting the princesses, Akershus is a relaxing but expensive way to go about it.

Have you thought about Tratoria al Forno? It is outside of the parks and you get to meet Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel and Prince Eric. My daughter loved meeting the princes too.

I think these types of experiences are "worth it" if they are the experiences you are looking for. We (me, DH, DS11, DS15) are doing 3 character meals on our upcoming trip OOP and I am looking forward to all of them.

It sounds like (and please forgive me/disregard if I am wrong) you are exploring the princess meals because your kids are not into other characters- as opposed to they specifically want to meet princesses. I think a lot of people would tell you that great character interaction happens in several restaurants whether kids are particularly fond of the characters that are there or not. We've had great interactions at Garden Grill and Crystal Palace... looking forward to trying Tusker House next trip. A dis search will turn up reviews of character meals, princess and otherwise. Happy planning!

I figure 2 things: 1. We need to eat 2. My kids wanted to meet (whatever character) and I really dislike standing in line for character meets. For me, it was worth it.

For two adults?

People with children?

Just girls?

Folks who have never been to Disney?

People who typically eat fast-food versus people who only enjoy fine-dining?

In a vacuum, I have no answer other than, when our daughter was between ages 3-7 years of age, we had lovely experiences at both. Breakfast was our least favored meal, unless it came with the opportunity to be in the Parks before the official Park Opening (often referred to as Rope Drop).
Hi that quote going off the disboards info for 2 adults 2 teenage girls however in Total there is 7 of us one being a princess mad 4 year old so this is mainly for her I just didn’t expect the cost of breakfast and especially buffet breakfast to cost so much! I understand primarily you are paying for the princesses but with not being in the ddp and paying oop it really does seem a lot my children have never done it and I would like them to experience it so I think I’m going to have to suck up the price and think of it as a one off

"Worth it" is impossible to answer for other people. We are going to CRT in May because we are treating our adult kids and four grandkids and two of the grands are really excited to meet princesses. We would rather (over)pay for mediocre food and save our FPs for attractions other than princess meets. The kids are super excited to get to eat inside the castle. So yes, worth it to our family on this trip. On other trips such as just husband and myself or a future trip with the grandkids, not worth it to us.

Hi that quote going off the disboards info for 2 adults 2 teenage girls however in Total there is 7 of us one being a princess mad 4 year old so this is mainly for her I just didn’t expect the cost of breakfast and especially buffet breakfast to cost so much! I understand primarily you are paying for the princesses but with not being in the ddp and paying oop it really does seem a lot my children have never done it and I would like them to experience it so I think I’m going to have to suck up the price and think of it as a one off

IMHO, the character meals, in general, are quite expensive and are more about the experience (meeting characters and, in the case of CRT, being in the castle) than the food. If you want to save a little money, I would pick Akershus breakfast over CRT. The food is better, IMHO, the character interaction is very good and the atmosphere is much warmer. I think the service is better as well. If you want to eat in the castle, CRT, obviously, is your only choice. WDW knows that and has priced accordingly. We've eaten at Akershus three times and it has always been lovely. CRT was once and done for us.

I have never tried CRT for breakfast only lunch, which I really like. Akershus breakfast I have done twice and lunch once, really enjoyed all three times. I know you want princess breakfast but it seems every time we go now it is Tusker House which everyone in our family loves (young and old).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!