Is Oga's freaking anyone else out? Recent experiences, please.

2vets

Addicted since 1971
Hi, all - Trip in a week and a half, and we have some amazing ADRs - one of which is Ogas.

We selected all stuff that felt very "open" (California Grill, for instance - such high ceilings) or for which we could request outdoor seating. We booked H&V on a whim, and we're glad we did since it looks from various blog posts like tables are extremely distanced. We also booked Ogas.

I love Ogas - but that seems like a textbook "enclosed space" from what I remember. If you've been recently, can you let me know what it was like? I can always turn around and walk out if I'm not comfortable, but I hate to hog an ADR if I know I won't use it. Thanks!

We were there the first week HS reopened in July, so things might have changed since. Each booth was occupied, and limited other seating/standing was available. Face masks were requested to be worn when not eating/drinking. Yes it’s small inside, but it didn’t feel overly crowded. Perhaps it was because of it being Disney, but our group felt safer eating/drinking there than other establishments closer to home.

We were at WDW back in mid-August so like PP says, things may have changed. Oga's had people in it, but we were in a booth and felt 100% safe. Overall, Oga's felt pretty isolated compared to when we visited back in late January. Edited to add: People at the standing tables looked pretty spaced out too.

(To share our frame of mine at the time, we booked things like Chef Mickey's and Skipper's Canteen since we knew they were more spacious, lightly booked or distanced. That being said, Sci-Fi had freaked me out a bit and I impulsively canceled right before we traveled. Upon coming back I read about many great experiences there with social distancing so kind of regretted canceling.)

We have been trying to get Oga's for our December trip, but even at 60 days out, were unable. Is it that popular? Son really wants to experience it.

Just at Oga's on Oct 17. We also did not feel like it was overly crowded. We were given a standing table and told we could not walk around which was absolutely fine with us. Had a great time.

Just at Oga's on Oct 17. We also did not feel like it was overly crowded. We were given a standing table and told we could not walk around which was absolutely fine with us. Had a great time.
Great to hear, thanks! I finally was able to get one, and at 6:55 p.m. on a 7 p.m. closing, so pretty excited about that.

We have been trying to get Oga's for our December trip, but even at 60 days out, were unable. Is it that popular? Son really wants to experience it.
If you're trying to get for 2 (my experience most ADRs lately!) try for 3, have been having much better luck.
December might be tough though, be sure to set a Touring Plans alert and check the app/website frequently. People often let ADRs go closer to your dates. I finally got mine this morning and we leave in under 2 weeks.

It freaks me out a bit, but I think I'll just leave my mask on the whole time and use a straw to drink under my mask. I know masks are mostly to protect others but there's a bit of protection for the wearer.

I have a friend who makes masks
many are making w a straw hole via a grommet and a Velcro tab that covers the straw hole

check around, you may be able to find something similar that would work perfectly for enjoying a cocktail

It's a combination of it's popularity plus with reduced capacity for social distancing guidelines just means fewer people can be inside at a given time. Hopefully you can find a window and snag an ADR.

There is barely anybody in there because of the capacity restrictions. The bar is pretty much empty except for like 2 sets of 3 chairs extremely spaced out apart and everyone is at their own booth or tabletop. They tell you when you sit down to not get up and move around. Kind of kills the vibe it had if you ask me but I understand why it is like that.

I have a friend who makes masks
many are making w a straw hole via a grommet and a Velcro tab that covers the straw hole

check around, you may be able to find something similar that would work perfectly for enjoying a cocktail

You'd only be able to use it then though - MAYBE. Disney explicitly states no masks with holes or vents in them, so I'd expect to get called on it.

Personally, if I was too "freaked out" to eat in a location, I'd skip it until I was not "freaked out" and could enjoy it.

Thanks for all the responses. Our DHS day is Friday. I think we’ll peek in and see how “freaked out” we are. When I was there before, it was a different world and a very crowded, very enclosed space, so I appreciate those who gave details on what it’s like right now:).

I think I actually felt safer at Oga's than I did Sanaa or Ale and Compass. We went twice. Very spaced out, you are directed to stand on one side of the table if you are at a hightop. You can't move around. It's not a normal bar experience by any stretch of the imagination.

If we have a child, what are the chances that we end up at a standing table? I don't think they can avoid wandering if they can't be seated.

Thanks for all the responses. Our DHS day is Friday. I think we’ll peek in and see how “freaked out” we are. When I was there before, it was a different world and a very crowded, very enclosed space, so I appreciate those who gave details on what it’s like right now:).
We were there 3 weeks ago. We are on the very conservative side as it relates to COVID risks, so the whole parks aspect of the trip made me nervous. I got more comfortable based on what I read and observed, but would say HS and MK have more areas where social distancing is an issue, at least fleetingly as you make your way past people.

To answer your question - While Oga's did appear to restrict capacity, it is indoor and in a smaller space. This was the one thing I decided to "roll the dice" with, as we did not eat indoors or spend meaningful time indoors anywhere else, save Philharmagic. You will be adequately spaced out in Oga's, and I think they try to keep visits to around 30 minutes. We were out in closer to 20.

How was your Oga's?

We went yesterday (about 7 pm) and it was fun! We felt comfortable at the time we were there and had a great standing table right in front of DJ R3X. (We stayed for one drink, DD has sensory issues and if filled to capacity, no way could do this experience - we had to walk out in January when there and leave DH and my other DD). She made it through this though with low crowds, but we had to keep it kind of short.

sign up for touring plans & mousewatchers for dining notices. I signed up for Oga's a few days ago (for early dec) I got 15 notices in 2 days,, ( I kept missing them, i only use email on computer, so wasn't able to grab them right away) booked 2 from notices at 2 am.
I am still curious why so many spots are available, but so far they havent taken them back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter