Is RCL actually cheaper than DCL?

Wow! Excellent price. Enjoy.
We did book WAAAY ahead of time, so that helped...

BTW, we loved Mardi Gras when we sailed her a couple of years ago. I really do think that those that enjoy RCCL would also enjoy the new Carnival ships (Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Jubilee), especially where included food is concerned. They are a big step up (IMHO) from the other CCL ships...

Wondering who you use for trip insurance?
OK, I think that the CCL insurance was about $218 above that, so it ended up about $2,400 w/ins.

On a complete aside, I think that Icon is giving DCL a run for their money in the crazy, expensive cruise fare market :)

Both of those seem high to me...

Not sure what week you are going, but we are on Carnival Mardi Gras (2 ppl) for Spring Break in an extended balcony for 7-nights for $2,200.
That is a great price! But I think the previous post was probably based on 3-4 ppl. I know people love DCL, but if it was only 2 people I'd hope you'd at least get concierge and a suite for $9K.

On a complete aside, I think that Icon is giving DCL a run for their money in the crazy, expensive cruise fare market
True but they definitely put the work in to make it a destination ship. Hopefully Disney doesn't go "hold my beer" and raise their prices as well.

BTW my dad let us know that he and my mom got an Oceanview on Icon next Jan for $1800, which is apparently half the list price. We are quite jealous.

That is a great price! But I think the previous post was probably based on 3-4 ppl. I know people love DCL, but if it was only 2 people I'd hope you'd at least get concierge and a suite for $9K.

True but they definitely put the work in to make it a destination ship. Hopefully Disney doesn't go "hold my beer" and raise their prices as well.

BTW my dad let us know that he and my mom got an Oceanview on Icon next Jan for $1800, which is apparently half the list price. We are quite jealous.
True enough. Still, I think it would be cheaper even with 4. Not sure if this was a suite or something though...

Personally, we don't use all of the "bells and whistles" stuff on a cruise (rock walls, waterparks, ice rinks, etc.) so a lot of what Royal does gets lost on us. I just hope that in the focus on the bells and whistles, they don't forget the basics (good food, good service, etc.) that is what we enjoy about cruising. And that goes for all lines.

Now, some things, are good. Take Coco Cay, for instance. It really upped the game for private islands (as an aside, why is the food better on the island than on the ship?). I am really looking forward to Carnival's answer at Celebration Key as it looks awesome as well.

From the looks of things, it does appear that they've really upped the ante in terms of included food. Which is good because there seemed to be a recent focus on those upcharge restaurants that everyone loves (note: sarcasm).

Service, it's hard to say. I've been watching Chris Wong's vlogs and it's pretty clear that the crew was getting put through the paces in terms of prepping for launch. Will it hold up over the course of the year? It should be interesting to find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter