Is something going on at DL from Jan 20-22?

TxJasmine

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about going to DL that weekend, but most hotels are sold out. They still have rooms available the previous weekend which is a holiday weekend. Does anyone have any ideas why this is? We thought that the middle of January would be an off time, but the fact that there are very few hotel rooms available makes me nervous. We definitely don't want to go at a very crowded time! Any ideas would be appreciated!

I would check out the Anaheim Convention Center to see if there is something going on, because many people stay at the hotels for Disneyland. I will check around and get back to you. I hope you find out what is up!

I found something that is going on that week at the Convention Center
National Association of Music Merchants 01/19/06 to 01/22/06
so that is why most of the hotels are booked. I would keep checking all of the hotels to see if there is any openings. If I may suggest, try staying at a hotel that is maybe further away from the park but that has a shuttle to Disneyland. I hope that everything works.
To find a complete list of what is going on at the Anaheim Convention center please go to this link :
http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm

I hope that everything works out for you and your trip!

Edit:

Also you can check at anaheim.net for information I believe. Also another thing that you could check into is that they have a housing residents near buy the rent houses for Disney guests. Also call a Disney Travel Company travel agent for more information! Have fun! :wave2: :grouphug:

Thanks for the info!

So the convention center is close to DL? Do you think that a convention could mean more people at DL, or are the two unrelated?

Well it could mean that as well that more people are in DL. Well I do not think that more people would be there unless you are going on a weekend like you said earlier. The convention is not open to the public so there might not be more people. The convention center is right across the street from DCA, it is on Katella near, the Portofino Inn, Jolly Rogers, Anabella and I am not sure what else but you might want to look for a map, I can see if I could find one for you. I hope that your trip works out!

Don't scare me! We picked that weekend instead of MLK because I was hoping it would be a little less crowded!

We booked rooms at the Desert Inn and Suites, and they were reasonable. Have you tried there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter