Is stitch that popular?

rivercottage

Lazy River Expert
Hiya wonderful disers.

Have I missed something? Stitch seems to be everywhere, Disneyland Paris are doing something with him...last time I went to WDW about 3 years back there was an epic stitch theming, he even appeared on the monorail announcement, they have a big stitch at downtown disney, he appears at the Polynesian Resort for something doesnt he?

He seems to be everywhere - have I missed a craze?

Stitch is HUGE. The Lilo and Stitch movie did pretty well, the Disney channel cartoon with him did pretty well, and the whole "rude, mischevious character" bit has been very easy to market.

For what it's worth, Stitch is always a fun character interaction at WDW, since he is a bit naughty. :)

Stitch is great. He's cute and blue and like a little brother (only an alien).

I have to agree with the OP. I was shocked at how prevalent Stitch has become, often in place of "classic" Disney character. I guess maybe he's some kind of "new classic" (oxymoron!), but I just don't get it. I hated that Stitch took over Alien Encounter (one of my all-time favorite Disney attractions), and from what I read on the boards, it's not as if people are particularly thrilled with the switch. I'm also not so sure that promoting a rude creature like Stitch is exactly the way I'd wanna go if I was DisneY! LOL

Stitch has definitely become part of the "new classic Disney," along with the Toy Story characters and some of the early 90s hits (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin).

Not judging whether or not he deserves it - just saying that he has.

my DS8( on friday) still likes stitch but LOVED him from 5 to 7 he even was stitch 2 years in a row for halloween, I really like the movies and the whole ohana message

I LOVE Stitch!!! :lovestruc except maybe his ride...fellow dis'ers you were correct, definately one to skip. But Stitch himself...I love him :)

Nothing against Stitch, but I didn't think he was popular enough to take over the wake up calls at my resort.

I love Stitch...he was the one character that I really wanted to see besides the Fab 5. I think that Stitch is a character, along with Toy Story, that boys can enjoy since the girls have all the princesses. On the other hand, I really didn't enjoy the Stitch ride and probably wouldn't waste my time on it in the next visit.

Funny how everyone is talking about Stitch being so popular.

Disney stopped making Stitch birthday party supplies. My 5 year old son is OBSESSED with Stitch. We assumed it would be easy to do a Stitch birthday, but there is nothing out there. I am so bummed... I can't find plates, napkins, or anything :sad1:

I hate the little snit!
(now before you flame me moderators...snit is not a bad word..in Scotland it means "Spoiled brat")

Can't stand him. Part of the reason we haven't gone to Ohanas for breakfast (preferred it when it was the Minnie Menehue breakfast with Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale). Also the reason I use my cell phone for my alarm...can't stand him screaming in my ear and we NEVER do the ride at MK.

Funny how everyone is talking about Stitch being so popular.

Disney stopped making Stitch birthday party supplies. My 5 year old son is OBSESSED with Stitch. We assumed it would be easy to do a Stitch birthday, but there is nothing out there. I am so bummed... I can't find plates, napkins, or anything :sad1:

If you don't mind Lilo on them too, I found lots when I did a quick check through Google.

Or you could do a luau party.

I love Stitch! I just wish they had left Alien Invasion alone.. that ride stinks now (really, that chilidog smell makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it).:sick: :lol:

I think one of the PP was right.. he is a regular character now which doesn't surprise me too much.. wasn't that one of the last hand drawn animations by Disney? It has some "classic" value, I think. Plus.. he's so cute!

Nothing against Stitch, but I didn't think he was popular enough to take over the wake up calls at my resort.

:rotfl:
I loved those calls - even recorded it on my PDA one morning. Lost in Limbo on my computer hard drive now...

Can't wait to see the new show(?) they're building where the old amphitheater was. Heard it was about someone cute and fluffy. :stitch2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter