is the disney club worth it?

We4mickey ...how has the DC card hooked up with the Entertainment card? I wasn't aware of this. ~:)~

is there a specific site where i can find out what discounts you get with dc, we leave in 26 days will i have time to get it?

I got the DC card last year and it was worth it for me. The hopper passes as reported are a measly 5% off. But is in inconceviale to think that you go to WDW without purchasing anything. You get 10% off at Downtown Disney which is the only place I buy any shirts or souveniers. ALso, you get a discount on some restaurants, Disney Quest and the water parks if your hopper did not cover it. Last year, we used the card for Hoop De DOo Revue.

I also use it to buy merchandise in the Disney stores. Radio Disney was on tour this year and it had a performance about 15 minutes from my house. I received 4 free tickets in the mail. I know this was of course due to owning a DC card. My DD got to see Aaron Carter, A-teens, Myra and Jessica SImpson. Also, last week, I received a 50% off card in the mail to see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. I got tkts for January. The recent news letter allows for $10 off the renewal price which if you sign up again by Dec.31st. This makes it $30 for the year. If you go to WDW once and stay inside, you certainly will recoup that $$$

For these reasons, it is worth it for me.

Ihad already subscribed to Disney Magazine before joining the club so I just get the magazine I'd already paid for, I think the discounts are skimpy, when I do get some coupon offers the majority are for Disneyland in Calif. (does anyone know how well Calif. adventure is doing because Disney sure pushes it - maybe because it's new), I don't like "package deals" when I vacation at DW so I don't get any discounts on DW hotels.... I wont be renewing my card. Pls. don't think I'm Disney bashing - I just booked my 3rd cruise (how about a Disney Club discount for cruisers???) and am heading for DW next Sat. I love Disney! I just feel for my hard earned $$ I didn't get much in return. Especially when I got a lot of the same deals with a free Disney club card for years. Other then a pin, I really didn't get anything for my $39. that I didn't get for free before. I was really excited before joining - silly me - I figured if someone suddenly charges you $39. for something they'd just given away before, they must be planning some really great offers.

If you purchase a membership before the end of Dec., it's $29.95 with code HGSM. It is definitely worth it if you like to receive the newsletters, advertisements specials and magazine 4 times a year! I save that much on discounts on tickets, food and merchandise.

On the Disney Club card is an Entertainment logo. Show the card to receive the Entertainment discounts available on hotels and restaurants. If you go to www.disneyclub.com you can enter a zip code and get the list of businesses, restaurants and hotels that offer the discount for your area, or the area you will be travelling to.

To all you veterans out there...
can someone please explain the card and where you can get one?
Thanks

We just became DVC members and we also just recently joined the Disney Club. The Disney Club card has already paid for itself through it's Entertainment benefit. We are going to San Antonio in mid February and I was able to book a $200 per night king suite on the Riverwalk for $65 per night with the Disney Club Entertainment feature. It's easy to find restaurants, shopping, car rental and hotel discounts through the Disney Club website.

We have both APs and the DC card. We only had to pay $29 for the DC membership because I get a discount through our company, however, it paid for itself immediately. I just renewed the membership last week. We used it for discounts at the Disney Store, and the Rain Forest Cafe. We also used it to get a discount on our APs when we bought them. But by far the biggest discount has been the rental car! I have a Hertz Gold membership through work and the Disney discount through National just gave me a rate of $134 for 7 days when Hertz's bottomline deal was $240 (and the lady searched the database for the best code she could find for me!). But if you are on a tight budget, you will have to ask yourself if you will use these things or not. If you don't shop at the Disney Store or stay on site, or rent the cars, then maybe it won't be worth it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter