• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Is the dream getting dimmer?

It's funny that I was thinking that the dream is not dimmer just more expensive, and as I read wildernessDad's post, I see that that's what he said.

We have enjoyed bringing our family and friends. In fact, we've added on 100AKV and BCV points this year so that we can have an "every third year" family gathering at those resorts!

Last year we went to MVMCP on a non-discounted date, and I was very sad that the cost for just the 2 of us was close to $100. This year we're there during a discounted party and it's just over $80...now THAT makes me happy...we absolutely said "no more" after last year...but DH really enjoys the parade, and we couldn't resist the "bargain,":goodvibes.

If WDW stops being fun for the family, we won't invite them, and we will sell some of the points. Meanwhile some of DH's and my happiest times have been at DVC resorts together. We have time to walk the grounds, ride bikes, enjoy meals, and laugh about things together. Really, DVC has been a worthwhile purchase, and I know we are not anywhere near the Break Even point that many have talked about. We're late commers, we were turned off by the "time share" aspect of the deal.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes, the dream is getting dimmer, but what to do? We love having all the kids and grand kids around, but won’t want the kids to have to put all there eggs in one basket and forgo other events that may arise over the months just to go to WDW with us when asked.

I don't think the dream is getting dimmer, I just think for some kids the dream changes a little. Unfortunately, every thing is getting more expensive but unlike gas and food, which we can do nothing about -vacations we have some bit of control over and when we have to shell out more for them it seems to upset us more. We have twin sons who are fast approaching college age so this will probably be our last big family vacation for a while (at least until we can afford more than romain noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Don't worry, the magic has changed but you'll still find a way for magical moments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter