Is the end coming for the Chase Disney Visa?

I'm so glad you mentioned this part about the Chase Freedom card. I never use it since I always use the Disney Visa, but always activate the categories anyway on the Chase Freedom card (or at least I used to....I don't remember doing this recently, but I have an email saying it's been activated). We eat out and go to the movies a lot, so I'm going to start using this card since those are the 5% categories this quarter. I will also apply it to our Disney trips. We will pay it off each month.

We used the 5% back on restaurants on our recent Disney trip. A couple of spots had the 10% off with the Disney Visa. Perks are great if you were going to make the purchase anyway.

I'm not seeing anywhere in either of those links that the free Visa earns the 2%...only the Premier ($49/year) does. It's not listed under the free card benefits and on the comparison charts, the 2% bonus is listed as a Disney Premier Visa exclusive. The only time we ever earned more than 1% with the free card (we've had it since about 6 months after it came out) was when there was a special promotion for a limited/specific amount of time.

No, only the Premiere card gives 2% on all purchases. The basic card gives 2% only on groceries and gas. I just don't find the extra annual fee worth it for the Premiere card. I like all the perks I can use at Disney World and the Disney store discount with the basic card.

No, only the Premiere card gives 2% on all purchases. The basic card gives 2% only on groceries and gas. I just don't find the extra annual fee worth it for the Premiere card. I like all the perks I can use at Disney World and the Disney store discount with the basic card.

Nope. I have the Premiere and only earn 2% on gas, groceries, restaurant and Disney purchases. Everything else is 1%.

The basic Disney Rewards Visa card only earns 1% on ALL categories.

The premiere also let's you use rewards dollars towards airfare.

I think you're misreading or misinterpreting something. I had the basic card for over 10 years. It only earns 1% on *everything* unless there happens to be a special promotion where they offer bonus rewards for a very limited amount of time (that happened a few times while we had it.) We switched to the Premier Disney Visa last year and it earns 2% on gas, groceries, and restaurant purchases and 1% on all other categories. Again, they occasionally offer bonus rewards on specific categories for a limited amount of time.

If you look at the links that you posted in your previous post, this is all spelled out very clearly in both of the links. There is even a chart in the one link that compares the two cards that clearly shows the basic card earns 1% across the board and the Premier earns 2% in certain categories and 1% on everything else. If you go to your Chase Visa account online and look at your current charges you can click on an individual charge and see what the rewards are for that specific charge. If you have the basic card, every single one of your charges is going to show that it earns 1%. If you have the Premier Card, your gas, groceries, and restaurant charges will show as 2%; everything else will show as 1% (except for things in the current 4% bonus promotion -- those will show the 4% bonus rewards as well as the 1% reward).

I think you're misreading or misinterpreting something. I had the basic card for over 10 years. It only earns 1% on *everything* unless there happens to be a special promotion where they offer bonus rewards for a very limited amount of time (that happened a few times while we had it.) We switched to the Premier Disney Visa last year and it earns 2% on gas, groceries, and restaurant purchases and 1% on all other categories. Again, they occasionally offer bonus rewards on specific categories for a limited amount of time.

If you look at the links that you posted in your previous post, this is all spelled out very clearly in both of the links. There is even a chart in the one link that compares the two cards that clearly shows the basic card earns 1% across the board and the Premier earns 2% in certain categories and 1% on everything else. If you go to your Chase Visa account online and look at your current charges you can click on an individual charge and see what the rewards are for that specific charge. If you have the basic card, every single one of your charges is going to show that it earns 1%. If you have the Premier Card, your gas, groceries, and restaurant charges will show as 2%; everything else will show as 1% (except for things in the current 4% bonus promotion -- those will show the 4% bonus rewards as well as the 1% reward).

Bluezy is right. And Please stop posting bad information!

Welllllll - regardless of CARD - let me explain how you can use Chase Disney "Points" against your room charge.

1) Forget presenting your Rewards Card at check in. WDW Hotels won't "credit" you. That ended a good 2-3 years ago.
2) Use MB, rack up costs against room, THEN present card, and drain it. About 2-3 days into trip. You WILL need to go to the desk.

This was not always the case.... WDW did all of this because they had no way to REFUND a positive balance. On the Rewards Card that bears their name. THIS is when we began to suspect a less than perfect alliance.

Now, just us.... we use our "Rewards" Card less and less, because there are very few "Rewards". There ARE a number of "hoops". "Rewards"? Minimal. Effort? High. Cash back? Not competitive.

JUST us.... we will likely begin using our Capital 1 Card at WDW for all items. 1.5% Cash back, no hoops, no games. And for US? C1 has been the very BEST at responding to any sort of fraud. Just us - response to card hacks outweighs "points" (or "tokens", or "credits" - see the "Peggy" commercial :))

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I'm so glad you mentioned this part about the Chase Freedom card. I never use it since I always use the Disney Visa, but always activate the categories anyway on the Chase Freedom card (or at least I used to....I don't remember doing this recently, but I have an email saying it's been activated). We eat out and go to the movies a lot, so I'm going to start using this card since those are the 5% categories this quarter. I will also apply it to our Disney trips. We will pay it off each month.

The irony here...I realized right after I posted about using the Chase Freedom card for the bonus categories that I *haven't* been using it for restaurants this quarter. :eek: We had maxed out the Grocery Store/Drug Store bonus by May so I just moved the card back in to hiding and while I remembered to enroll in the July-Sept. bonus, I forgot to actually start *using* the card. I think we'll still earn a nice chunk on this bonus, but I probably won't max it out since I missed a whole month of restaurant charges....a month in which we did a staycation and went out to eat twice a day for 10 days...with 4 or 5 people at each meal. :faint:

A while back we used our Disney Visa to get a discount on the tours. We did the Safari trek and I want to say it was 10% off.

There was a promotion to activate recently to get 4% back for paying utilities with it, which I immediately pay off. There are the Meet & Greets and the 10% off purchases over $50 at the Disney Store and which has already been mentioned, that discount also extends to most of the merchandise shops within WDW. A couple of additional perks- you also get a 10% discount at several TS restaurants at WDW (and discounts on tours, recreation, and spa services. I don't use mine a ton, just for paying utilities and making some Disney spending money that way, but we did end up saving a little bit also with the discounts while on vacation.
The 4% promotion actually helped us out tremendously, and is paying for a chunk of our September trip :)

Well, great. I recently got a Disney Chase card pretty much only because I wanted to use it for Eat to the Beat wristbands, but I guess that was pointless!

Just to clarify, the Chase lounge and the area where card members get the bonus character photo are two separate things, right? We did the character greeting last year and enjoyed it. We have the card with the annual fee but find we earn a lot of points-we paid for a third of our 2016 trip with points and have a decent amount to put toward our 2018 trip so far.

Just to clarify, the Chase lounge and the area where card members get the bonus character photo are two separate things, right? We did the character greeting last year and enjoyed it. We have the card with the annual fee but find we earn a lot of points-we paid for a third of our 2016 trip with points and have a decent amount to put toward our 2018 trip so far.

Yes, those are two separate things. The Chase Lounge was in an upstairs area of the American Adventure attraction during the Food and Wine Festival. It was a great, well-appointed place to get out from the heat, sit on cushy couches, charge your phone and enjoy free soda from Coke Freestyle machines. I am so sad to hear that the lounge is going away! Hope they reconsider.

Is it possible to DOUBLE-UP on discounts at Disney Theme Parks (utilizing both AP and Disney Chase)?

The Chase Lounge was in an upstairs area of the American Adventure attraction during the Food and Wine Festival. I am so sad to hear that the lounge is going away! Hope they reconsider.
As posted previously, the venue on the third floor used for the Chase Lounge is no longer available for special or private events. Construction walls have been up outside the elevator entrance to the lounge and lots of scaffolding is in the foyer leading to the AA rotunda.

As posted previously, the venue on the third floor used for the Chase Lounge is no longer available for special or private events. Construction walls have been up outside the elevator entrance to the lounge and lots of scaffolding is in the foyer leading to the AA rotunda.
Club 33......

I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to post to say that we have found the card really useful for four reasons:

1. We have used the 10% off at select Disney restaurants a fair amount (Trail's End, Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave, Captain's Grille and - I'm not sure if this one is still on the list, but we used at at Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood Studios which was awesome) - plus we got 2% back because it was a restaurant.
  2. Discounts on tours - we used it on the now no longer offered Around the World at Epcot and Backstage Safari at AK and on Behind the Seeds, Backstage Magic, UnDISCOVERed Future World, Keys to the Kingdom, and Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
  3. Discount on merchandise - 10% off purchases of $50 or more
  4. 2% Cash Back on groceries on the premiere card (purchases from Walmart supercenters count as they have full grocery stores)
Other than that we have a better card from a cash back standpoint, but we appreciate these benefits.

I use the Disney Visa card exclusively for all my purchases. Pretty much travel to WDW every year.

Just switched to Premiere - free for this year.

Was able to apply $500 toward my resort charges (used the magic band for everything) - on day 3.

It was seamless.

I never use my chase Disney visa. I just hang onto it for the couple days of early room discounts before the general public and the photo op. I pretty much put every single purchase on my Southwest card. EVen something as small as a pack of gum. I haven't had to pay for a flight in years. That's worth way more to me than a rewards card at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts