Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

There are Monsters Inc attractions all over the world. Japan, Orlando, Anaheim. Plus the door coaster has been rumored for ages, because people actually want to see it. I love the Muppets, but their time has passed. I don't see any rumors of the muppets anywhere, except in ways to get rid of them.
Again, with due respect, two of the most trusted insiders we follow at WDWMagic.com have stated there are NO plans currently to remove Muppets. What you got?

Even Jim Hill hasn’t said anything about Muppets leaving.

Yeah, but he just makes up his rumors too. Just like I suppose dsource is doing with "Monsters Inc" and "The Muppets". He just has to be told this rumor and then all of the sudden he's heard it from Bob Iger and Jim Henson's ghost.

And yet they just updated the courtyard, hmmmmm

Yeah, they updated and renamed it to Grand Avenue and they made Pizzerizzo's seasonal. So what's that tell you? This place is going to be changing whether some of you want it to or not.

P.S. They even changed the sign to something easily replace and took the air balloon off the building.

Yeah, they updated and renamed it to Grand Avenue and they made Pizzerizzo's seasonal. So what's that tell you? This place is going to be changing whether some of you want it to or not.

P.S. They even changed the sign to something easily replace and took the air balloon off the building.
They took the balloon off because of site lines into SWGE.

LOL, you can see Star Wars from Toy Story, Tower of Terror from Toy Story, Guardians anywhere in Epcot. Disney doesn't care about site lines anymore.
I don’t disagree but your logic on this so called rumor doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t disagree but your logic on this so called rumor doesn’t make any sense.

What's so wrong about the logic? Disney doesn't earn enough from the Muppets, thus Disney doesn't need the Muppets. They're good as an attraction in a land filled with attractions ala Fantasyland, but you can't base a whole section on them. And Disney seems to now want to do this with Hollywood Studios.

What's so wrong about the logic? Disney doesn't earn enough from the Muppets, thus Disney doesn't need the Muppets. They're good as an attraction in a land filled with attractions ala Fantasyland, but you can't base a whole section on them. And Disney seems to now want to do this with Hollywood Studios.
Well I guess let’s just wait and see what happens then...

Sigh no, they updated the area outside of SW:GE and named it Grand Ave. They also updated the courtyard around Muppets and yes updated to Pizza Rizzo for a Muppets courtyard...why spend that money for a quick demo??? Projects today are getting the axe due to money.

Also, yes Pizza Rizzo is seasonal NOW. However, once SW:GE is fully going, and the area there in Grand Ave is packed, that will force traffic back into the courtyard - and AC there. So it will be back open full time.

Thanks for playing though!

Also, not sure where you are hearing your rumors...but all the rumors I have seen have Monster inc as an option for Animation area, not Muppets.

That is bull poop, you know that Hollywood hasn't been that good since its inception. It has always been the redheaded stepchild of the theme parks. Even Animal Kingdom has surpassed it with Pandora.

I could see how its not a full day park for people who go 1+ time a year but for those of us who go less than once every 4+ years there is plenty to fill a day.

Our first ever visit at HS in 15 we only hit half the attractions/shows...granted my kids were too small for TOT and R&RC and were not interested in the Indy stunt show so we may have taken our time a bit more than doing a strict Touring Plan of MK but still felt like there was enough to do for our visit and lots left for our second visit in 20 now that my kids are bigger.

Crazy thought, but maybe they want to keep the Muppet section a ghosttown so it spreads out the crowds after Star Wars opens.

"What's that Dad? That's where the Muppets attraction was."
"What's a Muppet?"
"Your mom was one junior. I made a coat out of her." (he breaks down in a fit of tears)

Id agree to keep it scarce and once Star Wars is open for a year or two I bet something happens there!

I don't get why people are saying "Monsters" would go where "Aerosmith" is currently. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Besides it has no memorable music that will go along with the attraction.

This section is more likely to be a part of the next phase of Hollywood after "Monster's" and "Indy", which is "Cars Land".

Last edited:
I don't get why people are saying "Monsters" would go where "Aerosmith" is currently. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Besides it has no memorable music that will go along with the attraction.

This section is more likely to be a part of the next phase of Hollywood after "Monster's" and "Indy", which is "Cars Land".
Yeah... okay...

But monsters in muppets makes total sense too.

Not to interrupt a good p!$$#ng match but I too feel the sun has set on The Muppets. I even wonder if Disney would acquire the IP today. As far as the courtyard, what would you even do with it. It roughly the size of Indy. Maybe smaller. My wild guess would be if ST is moved or demo'd down the road, you could combine The Muppets Courtyard and the area of ST, Backlot Express/ even maybe Indy area to create a new land. my 2 cents

Who has stated that on RnRC?

Last I heard, or have seen - is two expansion areas targeted for DHS - one is the Indy area - which could but not WOULD expand into the parking lot - the other is the old Animation area. I know folks are rumoring about a new IP for RnRC, but I don't think it happens...just gut feeling.

Per one trusted insider - Martin, I believe he stated there was a plan for a Monsters Inc land, in the Animation area(I believe...) but that has gone away, it included the famous door coaster.

LOL, you know what I'm talking about. Hollywood has never been a full day park. Most people spend around 3-5 hours there and then go to another park.

Speak for yourself. Plenty of people spent a full day there when DHS was a studio park.

We spent all day there (me, wife and 3 8 year olds) in 2017. There was plenty to do, and it was great to not have to rush around the park in order to cram things in. We also ate two TS meals.

Yeah... okay...

But monsters in muppets makes total sense too.

Yes it does. The city landscape has already been created so it wouldn't cost that much to make it Monstropolis.

Not to interrupt a good p!$$#ng match but I too feel the sun has set on The Muppets. I even wonder if Disney would acquire the IP today. As far as the courtyard, what would you even do with it. It roughly the size of Indy. Maybe smaller.

Exactly, I actually love the Muppets and think it's time to move on from them. They aren't land worthy, only one attraction worthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts