• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a charge for parking at the resorts

714atuf

Earning My Ears
I read somewhere that there is a charge to park your car while you are a guest at one of the resorts.

First, is this true?
If it is true, what the heck is that all about.

How much does it cost?

We are staying at the Portafino in July.

When I received my conformation letter, it stated that there is a 6.00 a day charge for self parking at the resort.

There is no charge for those without a car unlike many hotels who hide the cost and charge everyone for parking. IMO, this is a very fair surcharge. Universal could hide it in their nightly rate like Disney but has decided to be upfront about it any only charge the parking fee for those who actually park.

Doesn't bother me at all. The nightly rate is low to start with.

If you are staying at one of the universal on-site hotels you can take the boat over to Univesal Studios or Islands of Aventure. They start running at about 8:30 a.m. and keep running until about 2:00 a.m.

Sorry about my previous post. I thought you were asking if there was a charge to park at the parks. Yes, there is a daily fee for parking at all of the resorts. It is $6.00 per day for self parking and $12.00 per day for valet parking. If you are staying there on a weekend it is worth is to valet park. The parking lots get extremely full due to a lot of people coming to eat at the different restaurants that are at the numerous resorts. The Hard Rock parking lot gets extremely full due to everyone going to eat at The Palms. It takes forever to find a parking space and it is usually really far away. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by damo
There is no charge for those without a car unlike many hotels who hide the cost and charge everyone for parking. IMO, this is a very fair surcharge. Universal could hide it in their nightly rate like Disney but has decided to be upfront about it any only charge the parking fee for those who actually park.

Doesn't bother me at all. The nightly rate is low to start with.

I agree the rate is reasonable even when you add parking BUT

using your logic hotel should charge extra to use he pool. Disney has lots of land they bought for next to nothing. Disney doesn't have to hide a cost, the cost is low. The hotels (in Orlando) that charge for parking seem to be the newer hotels that have built garages for parking.

Parking, unlike the pool, is a limited facility. I guess it is like using the exercise facilities. There is a fee if you use it, none if you don't. People don't seem to mind to pay extra for that. I guess the hotel is trying to discourage people from using the parking lot since space is limited. They don't need to discourage people from using the pool.

I do not mind paying the $6 to self park my car. It think it's fair considering these deluxe hotels offer some very good rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter