is there a nice public beach in san diego

Maria395712

DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member
how do I get to a nice public beach in san diego just for the day what else to see
maria

My favorite is La Jolla Its a gorgeous beach :)

Also If you want to go out to Coronado then there is a great beach right next to the Hotel Del thats great :)

-em

how do I get there from the SNA airport only flying in from a vacation in vegas in the am renting a car and back to vegas for pm my son wants to take a swim in the pacific since we only have been to atlantic ocean since we live 1 hour from the beach and do that every weekend in the summer
maria

I will second the nomination for La Jolla. The La Jolla Cove has small beaches, but they are stunningly beautiul. One of the beaches is home to a colony of seals. There are also tidal pools with many interesting creatures to see.

The La Jolla Cove is a special place for me. I regard it as the most beautiful place in America.

A mile up the coast from the cove is Torrey Pines, which is also a beautiful beach.

Here are directions to Scripps Park which is right there and has parking.

1. Start going towards the AIRPORT EXIT on TERMINAL 2 - go 0.3 mi
2. Continue on AIRPORT EXIT towards AIRPORT EXIT/DOWNTOWN(I-5)/HARBOR ISLAND/POINT LOMA/COMMUTER TERMINAL - go 0.1 mi
3. Turn on N HARBOR DR - go 0.9 mi
4. Turn on NIMITZ BLVD - go 0.4 mi
5. Turn on CA-209 NORTH - go 2.3 mi
6. Continue on CAMINO DEL RIO W - go 0.1 mi
7. Take I-5 NORTH towards LOS ANGELES - go 5.9 mi
8. Take exit #26A towards LA JOLLA PKY - go 0.7 mi
9. Continue on ARDATH RD - go 1.1 mi
10. Continue on TORREY PINES RD - go 1.0 mi
11. Turn on PROSPECT PL - go 0.2 mi
12. Continue on COAST BLVD - go 0.5 mi

I have been looking at La Jolla, too. My daughters would flip to see the seals, are they always there? I would just love to see the Pacific Ocean, as we live on the Atlantic.
For our 2 day stay in San Diego (Zoo, Seaworld), would La Jolla be too far to commute to the parks? Would I be better off staying in the Mission Bay area, and just make the trip to La Jolla for a couple of hours?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter