Is there a refurb schedule for DVC resorts

radmcg

Mouseketeer
I have been in almost all of the resorts lately and some of the older ones are starting to show some wear ie BWV and BCV. Is there a schedule of when each property is to refurbished I mean major restoration or is it just fix and patch as needed. Not a big deal just noticed for the first time BWV is starting to show her age a little and she has 30 years to go. Longer if they extend her like SSR.

Wow is my face red. Kind of like asking someone if there pregnant when their not. The carpet just looked a little warn and lots of patches to the ceiling and walls on our floor (the second). I guess it just gets lots of use. Still my favorite long halls and all.
Thanks
Rad

I have been in almost all of the resorts lately and some of the older ones are starting to show some wear ie BWV and BCV. Is there a schedule of when each property is to refurbished I mean major restoration or is it just fix and patch as needed. Not a big deal just noticed for the first time BWV is starting to show her age a little and she has 30 years to go. Longer if they extend her like SSR.

BWV was just rehabbed a couple of years ago.

It was 2009, so it's actually coming up on 4 years.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201734

They do some replacements in between the major rehabs. BWV opened in 1996, I know they replaced the hallway carpets in the early 2000's. The original carpets looked like boardwalk planks. They did some painting in the rooms too.

There is a reserve fund that is part of DVC dues and they do assign a schedule for replacements. Disney does not pay for any of these renovations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter