Is There Interest in a FW DISMeet in Oct 2021? UPDATE: No But The DISMeet Concept Lives On

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiggerdad We where pivoting from the pending hurricane, it was last minute and I think it will be one for my 'keep on file list' as one of the big rigs. We plan to go back to the area again, friends are all about Anchor down. We saw the Yogi and KOA, both got a nope from the family. I will have to add pine mountain as a possible. Closer to the Smokies is good for us

In trying to plan, memorial day is May 31. I think we are talking about either the week of June 5 or the week of June 12 correct? The one thing I know is we plan to come in on a Thursday and stay till Saturday the following week.

Forgot to say, i am flexible with where we stay. Ridge looks nice, have stayed at Pine Mountain it is nice. I leave all the decisions to @tiggerdad. I will facilitate a few different hiking trips, different levels on different days.

I am not sure, does going from my campsite to Ed's in the morning for puzzle time qualify as a hiking trip ??

Wish we could fit it in even. If it was end of June I could find a way, but anything before June 12 is out as school runs through June 11. That's why we are doing 12-19th at the beach.
@jbrostek - If we picked the week of June 12th, would you be interested in joining us. I know you have the beach trip, but I didn't know if that was flexible.

I am good with either place or week. I haven't been to The Ridge, but here are some pics of our sites at Pine Mountain in 2016 and this year. In 2016, we had a creek side site. Nice, long enough for even me and the creek was nice. The pull throughs felt a little crowded, but I think it was mostly due to the short length and having to park the truck sideways in the site.

2016- I don't recall the exact site, but it was about in the middle of the creek side sites.

20160805_113238.jpg20160805_113306.jpg

The creek is muddy in this pic because it had rained pretty hard. It ran clear most of the time.

20160805_113417 (2).jpg

Here is the pull through we were in this year. We booked late and this was one of only 4 sites available, all pull throughs.

20200718_150031_copy_1843x1036_copy_921x517.jpg20200718_150112_copy_1843x1037_copy_921x518.jpg

DIS Friends

20200720_175749_copy_2304x1296.jpg

j

I found a few pics of the splash pool at Pine Mountain and the pool and lazy river we could use at the hotel across the street. The roof to the hotel is in the background of the 1st pic.

Splash Pool

20160731_111539.jpg

Lazy River

20160731_113138.jpg

Hotel Pool

20160731_113209.jpg

Here is what the creek behind our site normally looked like.

20160731_114621.jpg20160731_114638.jpg

j

We hate we missed the meet at the Fort, but we will for sure be at the next one, wherever it may be. I know that this year is be different to say the least, but I have been none stop busy with work, I hate I haven't had much of chance to chat on here but @tiggerdad keeps me in the loop and I do appreciate it. I've always wanted to camp back up on creek up in the mountains Pine Mountain looks good to me. We had a last minute plan because I haven't been camping so we're going to spend to Thanksgiving in Lenoir City, TN at Yarberry Campground. I told Michael to give me some other Campgrounds in the area of Gatlinburg and I'll take a day to go and check them out, and make sure they are HDT accessible for @PaHunter. Looking forward to being in on this meet come heck or high water.

This pic has nothing to do with either campground, but I know Ed and a few others would like this.

GSMR out of Bryson City, NC, just on the other side of the park. This was fun to ride in, although the scenery wasn't near as nice as the Royal Gorge RR in Colorado Springs.

20160803_153006.jpg20160803_154033.jpg20160803_124608.jpg

j

@tiggerdad
Wish we could fit it in even. If it was end of June I could find a way, but anything before June 12 is out as school runs through June 11. Thats why we are doing 12-19th at the beach, yet with my WFH status, I could find a way to spend another week down there and still get some work in.

We could flex to week of 12th if it helps. Not a problem as far as I know. Anything after that would be a risk with daughters color guard summer schedule.

All of June are good for us, only stipulation is if we are there on June 18th I want a cake to celebrate my 34th anniversary of trudging the road of happy destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!