Is there really any benefit to the Disney Springs Hotels if there's no extra magic hours?

WorldOfPooh

DIS Veteran
Is there really any benefit to the Disney Springs Hotels if there's no extra magic hours?

That's basically the main draw of those hotels over non Disney hotels.

Right now the benefits are reduced for sure, but there are some.

Cost -- staying in those resorts can be less expensive than a Disney resort.
They can be free -- People with reward points and other loyalty programs can stay in some of those resorts for free.
Location -- You can walk to Disney Springs, something you can only do if staying at Saratoga Springs at a Disney hotel. With the Disney parks closing early, this could be more useful. Also, they are fairly close to the Disney parks, so an easy Uber. The location also is close to some off-site restaurants.

Outside of EMH/FP+, the DS hotels are beneficial in the following scenarios:

- Ability to earn and redeem reward points at branded hotels (Hilton HHonors, etc.)
- Can be less expensive than staying at a Disney operated resort
- Within walking distance to DS
- Complimentary Park Transportation
- Access to Disney concierge services in hotel lobbies
- Easily accessible location if driving (compared to other parts of WDW property)

We extended our trip and b resort was so reasonable we chose it because they are no park days for us... it was like $80 a night

Wow, didn't expect that. figured the buses would at least run.
then there's zero benefit to the Disney Springs hotels.

I read on another thread that the Doubletree had limited shuttle service that began 10/1 to DHS and MK. Personally, it sounded like a pain with all the hoops you'd have to do to reserve your spot, but may be an option.

I read on another thread that the Doubletree had limited shuttle service that began 10/1 to DHS and MK. Personally, it sounded like a pain with all the hoops you'd have to do to reserve your spot, but may be an option.

There is also a Lynx bus stop right across from the Doubletree that will take you to the Disney Transportation Center. But that's $2 a ride unless you have a day or week pass.

So to confirm, there is no ADR benefit to booking one of these hotels? We just booked Lake Buena Vista Palace on points (so "free" is great!). I was now wondering if there is any reason to link it to MDE (not working as of now - it's been just 24 hours).

I reserved the Hilton across from DS for 6 nights, all covered with points even the resort fees are waived. I plan on using Lyft to the parks and then taking a Disney shuttle to DS from the parks in the evening (if they are still doing this) to grab dinner and shop before walking back to the hotel. I won't have a car so will rely on shuttle to/from the airport but even with the added transportation costs, it's still MUCH cheaper than staying at Pop for $200+/night.

I reserved the Hilton across from DS for 6 nights, all covered with points even the resort fees are waived. I plan on using Lyft to the parks and then taking a Disney shuttle to DS from the parks in the evening (if they are still doing this) to grab dinner and shop before walking back to the hotel. I won't have a car so will rely on shuttle to/from the airport but even with the added transportation costs, it's still MUCH cheaper than staying at Pop for $200+/night.
How did you get the resort fees waived?

If you book with all points, the resort fees are waived. Also, if you book 4 nights with points, the 5th night is free.
Oh really! We booked all four nights on points (5th night free). Had no idea about the resort fees getting waived this way!

I think the resort fees are waived at this location only because it is their tradition... I am at Hilton Bonnet Creek right now and asked when I checked in at front desk. So $40 pay for 2 bottles of water Plus$ parking Fees, using points for both nights Diamond Level.

I think the resort fees are waived at this location only because it is their tradition... I am at Hilton Bonnet Creek right now and asked when I checked in at front desk. So $40 pay for 2 bottles of water Plus$ parking Fees, using points for both nights Diamond Level.

Wow. I thought it was for all Hilton locations. I did notice that the resort fee included a park shuttle (Hilton at DS). Since I heard they aren't running, if I was paying the resort fees, I would have nicely insisted that fee be lowered.
Just a random side note, I originally planned to use the bulk of my points to stay at Hilton Tokyo Bay in May 2021 but I have doubts that Japan will open for American tourists by that time.

Wow. I thought it was for all Hilton locations. I did notice that the resort fee included a park shuttle (Hilton at DS). Since I heard they aren't running, if I was paying the resort fees, I would have nicely insisted that fee be lowered.
Just a random side note, I originally planned to use the bulk of my points to stay at Hilton Tokyo Bay in May 2021 but I have doubts that Japan will open for American tourists by that time.

It was my understanding it was for all locations. I've stayed at Bonnet Creek last yard and resort fees were waived there as well (but I don't think parking is ever waived). And Palace has such a big resort fee that using points is good there.

Although really you should save all your points for international cities because you can stay at the best hotels for less points abroad.

NO EMH, No FP, shuttles currently not running (or very limited) = no reason to favor DS hotels over others

FWIW, I stayed at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace at Disney Springs this past weekend, and they had shuttles running.

We stayed at the Hilton across from Disney Springs (not the Palace) last December. Paid the resort fee BUT had free parking which was important, as we were doing things other than going to Disney. I LOVED being able to walk across the street to DS for meals and late night cocktails. I know it's gonna sound silly, but we also enjoyed the beverage coupons that we were given. We each got 2 free coffee coupons and coupons for 2 free bottles of water, every day. I'd run down and get coffee in the morning, we'd grab bottled water on our way out for the day, get more coffee to go with out little nips for an evening adult beverage, etc. We had a TON of "free" beverages, more than we could use. I know we paid for them through the fee, but as the fee is pretty non-negotiable (they warn you on the site that some services aren't available, so this covers them from having to waive the fee), we were happy to have the coupons.

So, TLDL: GREAT location for walking to DS for dinner and adult beverages, lots of "free" coffee and water bottles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!