Is this a crazy pants idea?

thatgirl

Earning My Ears
I have a trip coming up in late January and have the whole thing booked at Art of Animation. I also plan on spending the first two days at Universal and have an annual pass. I was thinking about getting a room at Loews Royal Pacific for one night (even though I already have a room at Art of Animation) in order to get the Unlimited Express pass for "free" for two days. It seems like with 2 park Unlimited Express pass pricing for two days right now, it would be cheaper to just get the room. I want to keep the room at Art of Animation because with the annual pass discount it was actually cheaper to keep the room than not because of discount dates or whatever. Also, I want to use Magical Express since I'm a female traveling alone and I feel safer that way. I suppose this would all depend on January pricing. Plus I could also get an Uber to and from the hotel and bypass the horrible (not socially distanced) lines to get into City Walk. Also, if I stayed there that night and used AOA for luggage storage essentially, I would be able to take advantage of early entry. Sorry this is rambling, I'm letting my stream of consciousness figure out the logistics. 🤪

Has anyone else done something like that? Did it work out for you or was it more trouble than it was worth?

Yes, lots of people do this. I've been trying to figure out the reverse of how can I use someone's ghost room to just sleep in 😄 Also, if you are ever in need of airport travel, I highly recommend Anthony Hinds Transportation. Tony is quick, includes a grocery stop, and very professional.

Sounds like a good plan. The only change I would make (not sure if you are locked in) would be to put Universal at the end of the trip. One reason is for the logistics; you could check out of AoA and move into RPR for the last night.

The other reason is that the Universal "bubble" is a great way to finish a trip. With the hotel, CityWalk, and the parks so close together, plus the EPs cutting down the lines, it tends to be a more relaxing place. At the end of every Disney trip, my wife and I joke that we really need a vacation when we finally get home...

I second the thoughts about the Universal Bubble. I'll also say that if you actually stay at RP, you do security at the hotel water taxi, not with the mobs at City Walk, and that makes a HUGE difference in the ease of getting in. Also, the water taxis are very safe as a woman by herself, no worries there, even at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!