Is this a good car rental rate?

Patio

DIS Veteran
Dh got a rate from National of $383.58 ( tax included ) for 2 weeks on a full size 2 door car, Toyota Solara. He had a 2 grade upgrade coupon. I'm not too familiar with rental rates although to me this sounds great. Is it or does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!!

After checking daily, I have got a rate of $246 for a full size for 11 days this month. This is with the Disney club coupons and the old Disney club code and Emerald Aisle. Hope that helps you compare.

Patio

I see you're going in December. To compare a bit better, what are your dates? Early in the month or over the holiday break?

Patio,
Seems to be a reasonable rate. But, you might try Priceline for your dates and don't bid over 17.00 per day for a full size.
You will not be guaranteed a Solara, btw. They never guarantee what you will get, they just give examples.

It's a good rate - not a great rate! I consider a great rate $20/day with taxes. It's been done before with National, but not lately...

Pinky- The dates are December 2-16.

Thanks for all the replies.

Patio

I agree it is good, but not great. I keep reading posts where people say their rates have dropped (for Sept & Oct) so I'd keep checking, you never know.

I booked mine back in May (for Feb). Unfortunately the rate's increasing, not decreasing. Just thankful I got it when I did!! I'm paying $173 (w/ taxes) for full-size for 1 week (EC and DC member). That includes the DC 20% discount. Since I'm going in '03 and current coupons expire the end of the year, I'm (impatiently) waiting for the DC's free day coupon for next year.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter