is this a good split stay??

princessap

DIS Veteran
We are planning a split stay for next september at BLT for 4 nights and AKV for three nights….we have three young kids under 7 and they really love MK so BLT is great and the one bedroom seems better than a standard room at CR. Our middle DD really wants to stay at AKL so we thought we could relax and slow down our trip for the last 3 nights at AKV. We are doing standard view at BLT and am debating which view at AKV.

For you experienced DVC owners/renters/visitors….is this a good plan??

Sounds good to me! We're doing a similar trip, but with GFV as our MK resort.

when are you going??

what view did you book at AKV? I have no problem with std at BLT as we will be at MK three of the five nights we are there so don't see the point in spending more money but I am torn about AKV..it's a lot more for savannah but I heard that std is terrible :confused3

Our first trip as DVC members was a AKV/BLT split stay and it worked out great.

We went to AK and DHS while staying at AKV.
When staying at BLT, we went to Epcot and MK.

Sounds good to me. We are doing Grand Floridian Villas first on our trip and then Animal Kingdom.

I've done this exact split twice. It's amazing and fun for the kids. BLT is wonderful and then AKL is like a break and vacation. Fabulous. I almost always do the savannah view but did STD once. We had a partial savannah view which made me happy. But I think it depends for you. I personally would spend the points to guarantee the view if you have them.....but you will have a lovely trip regardless.

I've done this exact split twice. It's amazing and fun for the kids. BLT is wonderful and then AKL is like a break and vacation. Fabulous. I almost always do the savannah view but did STD once. We had a partial savannah view which made me happy. But I think it depends for you. I personally would spend the points to guarantee the view if you have them.....but you will have a lovely trip regardless.

Good to hear. How many nights did you do at each?? My dilemma is what parks to do on what days?!

We are planning a split stay for next september at BLT for 4 nights and AKV for three nights….we have three young kids under 7 and they really love MK so BLT is great and the one bedroom seems better than a standard room at CR. Our middle DD really wants to stay at AKL so we thought we could relax and slow down our trip for the last 3 nights at AKV. We are doing standard view at BLT and am debating which view at AKV.

For you experienced DVC owners/renters/visitors….is this a good plan??

I think that's great. Whenever we are doing heavy parks, especially when our girls were little, we did a park or cheap hotel for the park days and then a nicer hotel with good facilities at the end.

IMHO we would never do AKV without picking savanah view. The whole thrill of that resort for our family is running to the balcony in the morning and seeing what is outside our window.

I think that's great. Whenever we are doing heavy parks, especially when our girls were little, we did a park or cheap hotel for the park days and then a nicer hotel with good facilities at the end.

IMHO we would never do AKV without picking savanah view. The whole thrill of that resort for our family is running to the balcony in the morning and seeing what is outside our window.

Thanks. I am a little worried about spending the money to stay at BLT and not using the resort that much but renting points still works out cheaper then std room at CR so hoping its worth it!!

Akv is my middle daughters pick and I think the animals will be worth it. My only concern is that September is hot and someone told me the animals aren't out as much when it's hot?!

Am I better with akl or sticking with akv kidani?

We found our Kidani (DVC) room view of the animals to be better than our Jambo (hotel room) view.

At Kidani, we were very happy to have a lower floor. It was closer to the animals. Also, some report the higher floors have their views partially obstructed by the tree limbs and leaves.

Thanks. I am a little worried about spending the money to stay at BLT and not using the resort that much but renting points still works out cheaper then std room at CR so hoping its worth it!!

Akv is my middle daughters pick and I think the animals will be worth it. My only concern is that September is hot and someone told me the animals aren't out as much when it's hot?!

Am I better with akl or sticking with akv kidani?

There are villas in the main Lodge building (Jambo) and also in the all-DVC Kidani.

I prefer Jambo house for lobby and mara/quick food service. Also love Boma. Long trip to get there from Kadani. But, in Jambo house you need to specify a main savannah with a lot of animals, because we found the use the term savannah view loosely.

All the sv rooms in Kadani are on main savannahs with a lot of animals.

Time of year should be fine as there aren't many hiding places for the animals and they feed them practically outside the rooms. The lobby level is a good floor as that's where they offer their public viewing.

This is our home resort and overall favorite. I loved BLT but DH did not.

We did this exact combo on our Sept trip (5 and 5) and it was really the best of both worlds. While at AKL we swam, went to BB, AK twice and DTD. At BLT it was all MK and Epcot. At BLT we also did MNSSHP and CG. nothing is better than walking home from MK at 12am after a party.

Also the styles are so completely different it was a nice change. We are pool people and the BLT one is just so-so so we hopped over to GF and my kids loves the Splash pad.

Thanks everyone. My debate is how many at each resort and what park to do the day after mnsshp? I had planned Epcot but was recommended to do dhs as we will be tired after the party. I am wanting to use the monorail for Epcot, is it reasonable to be able to go early and come back mid afternoon and them head back at night?? Or should I sleep in and just head there when kids wake up?

If you go to the trouble to stay at the AKV you should get a Savannah view. That's the whole point of staying there, isn't it?

Thanks everyone. My debate is how many at each resort and what park to do the day after mnsshp? I had planned Epcot but was recommended to do dhs as we will be tired after the party. I am wanting to use the monorail for Epcot, is it reasonable to be able to go early and come back mid afternoon and them head back at night?? Or should I sleep in and just head there when kids wake up?

That might be a play it by ear. We stayed at MNSSHP until closing so my kids slept til 9:30 and we went no where. I wouldn't plan on anything you need to do for rope drop.

Getting to Epcot is easy, coming home takes a while since Contemp is the last stop (after Poly, GF and MK)

That might be a play it by ear. We stayed at MNSSHP until closing so my kids slept til 9:30 and we went no where. I wouldn't plan on anything you need to do for rope drop.

Getting to Epcot is easy, coming home takes a while since Contemp is the last stop (after Poly, GF and MK)

So what did you do that day? Did u go anywhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter