Is this idea nuts??

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
Leaving next week (me, DH, kids 9, 7 & 5) and staying at RPR.

Maybe we should request a king room with the pullout bed (as opposed to two queens). All three kids can EASILY fit on the king (we do this on doubles and queens when we visit people), and DH and I could do the pullout. That way, during the day we could fold the pullout up so we would have extra floor/seating space.

We could even move the kids from the king to the pullout once they are asleep and take the king.

Does this sound really nuts, or really brilliant!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!

Patti <---getting close and obsessively overthinking all of my plans!!!

My wife laughs because I am an overplanner as well, but hey'- it's part of the fun!!!

We had the room with the king and pull out and it was great. However, it was only 3 of us. At night our 3 year old wanted to sleep with us and we all slept comfortably. (I think it was because of the new surroundings, he seemed scared). With that said, the three kids would sleep like kings/queens, but I have to warn you-the pull out is not all that comfortable. People reported that here and I did not think it true, but I tried it and they were right. It wasn't horrible, but the mattress is kind of thin, so you feel everything under you.

Hope this helps. You will have a great time regardless!

I only had 2 kids, boys 14 and 17(over 6' tall) with my husband and I last week at RPR in a room w/2 queen beds. I knew they wouldn't last long sleeping in the same bed and the thought of paying $25 per night for a rollaway even made the kids cringe. So, I bought a twin size airbed w/elec.pump from Kmart online for $19.99. (you'd still probably have time to rush ship one to your house) It folded up small enough to fit in a suitcase and I even took my son's sheets from home and just put his pillowcase over an extra pillow in our room. Housekeeping made up his bed every day, just like the queens. My 14 yr. old slept on the airbed for 7 nights and didn't even want to trade to the queen bed (he put it over along the window so we'd still have room to walk) I figured for $19.99, if the thing held up for the week it would be enough. My son found it so comfortable that he now uses it in his room at home. BTW, I think I read somewhere on these boards that if you have 5 in a room RPR makes you get a rollaway? Have fun! I envy you doing your final planning to go to RPR. I've been watching our videos again and again since we got home......and looking at our 7 rolls of pictures : ) (and that doesn't count the video cam digitals that we haven't gotten processed yet! lol

Prior to what we ended up doing, we were going to do what you mentioned. The RPR would not let us book a King room for 4 people, they said it was a fire law code and 3 max to the room. I called back again after seeing it was done by a poster here and again was told no. Maybe this is something new?

Aside from that the pullout is quite uncomfortable and you do feel the metal bars right through the mattress.

If you are a loews member and feel the pull out wont bother anyone maybe you could try and upgrade to a King Suite for the extra space.

I am trying to avoid packing a twin air mattress, because we have so much crap already!!! After Orlando, we are going west of Asheville, NC for my family reunion, living in cabins! I have to cart a ton of stuff for that, not the least of which is FOOD!!!!! It's frustrating, because we are the only family that has to fly. All my siblings can drive to NC, and pack anything they want!

I was wondering if the capacity for a king room would be 3 people...doubt I'd get an upgrade (Loew's club), but miracles can happen! LOL!!

RPR doesn't require a rollaway for us---they never even mentioned it! I'm guessing it's because of my kids ages.

Maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind, and take whatever room I am offered, no requests..............NO FLIPPING WAY!!!!!! LOL!

Patti

PattiPB,
This has nothing to do with RPR, but I think I'd give my siblings a call and tell them since you're coming so far to see them, the least they could do is bring the extra linens and food. I live in FL and have 5 sisters in NC. I do this kind of thing all the time. ;) After all, when they come to FL, I don't ask them to bring anything. :)

Maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind, and take whatever room I am offered, no requests..............NO FLIPPING WAY!!!!!! LOL!

This made me laugh so hard! Funny story about our first stay onsite. It was at Portofino Bay and after reading ALL the tips on this board I figured I was totally prepared and knew what I wanted to request as an upgarde at check-in. So we arrive and I politely ask to be upgraded if possible but tell her it MUST be West Wing. I had a gardenview room reserved. So she so nicely tells me dont worry about the west wing I gave you a very nice room elsewhere. Now panic sets in because I was told I HAD to stay in the West Wing location due to its location and ease of getting to everything. I found myself actually telling her to give me the gardenview we booked and to forget the upgrade cause I had to stay in the west wing. She laughed and said, "why dont you go and see your room and if you arent happy come back and see me". I felt like such a DOLT after we were brought to the Villa Bldg. and had a deluxe poolview with a patio overlooking the Villa Pool! Since that first trip I have always trusted and have never been dissapointed with any upgrade they gave us!!!:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter