Is this normal?

Madame

DIS Veteran
I’ll preface this by saying that I’ve lived in Europe (Belgium) & speak very fluent French, but our stay at the Newport has me shaking my head & I wanted some feedback from others.

We’ve had nothing but great experiences in the parks with guests & CMs, but the Newport, sheesh.

I knew there was no laundry, but the path leading towards the Sequoia is completely closed off & we had to haul our laundry through security and around by the NY to even reach an hotel with a laundry!

We asked 4 CMs where the ice machine was - it’s brutally hot here. No one would tell us, except that there is 1 for each floor. We finally discovered that the one that is supposed to be on the 1st is missing..... went to concierge to ask the location of a machine & he “Hami” wouldn’t tell me. I kid you not.

He was extremely condescending & told me I had to get ice at the bar. Well I wanted to know the location for early morning, when the bar isn’t open. No dice. I was less than pleasant after he made me wait 7 minutes before he addressed me as he was having a private convo with collegues. I assume he figured I could only speak English as my kids were speaking English to each other while waiting, but our Canuck gear was visible & should have indicated the possibility we could converse in French.

The worst is the condition of the bathroom. I can ignore the crayon drawings on the wall & ripped wallpaper & the door that we have to slam so hard to close that paint chips are flaking off the door & onto the carpet, the fact they’ve left us only 3 towels each day when we are booked as 5, but the bathroom. Yuck!!

I’ll only post 2 photos here to avoid eating up my data, but the grout in front of the toilet is caked in urine, the tub is chipped up, the drain is broken & loose, the rack for the shampoo is hanging by a thread & the grout is disgusting. I hate complaining- it’s a waste of time & I don’t want compensation in any form, but this is a huge disappointment.

6EA07C48-0B12-4E14-B8FC-003F6161A85C.jpeg
2315D19C-A81D-4917-AEC0-CEC5BFE32FF4.jpeg

We had a similar room experience years ago at the DCR, and sent them some pictures. We received an apology and some free tickets.
They did suggest we should have asked for a move at the time, but it doesn't sound like you had much confidence in the staff either.
I'd definitely email a complaint with the pictures, as it may go towards them addrressing some of the issues.

We had a similar room experience years ago at the DCR, and sent them some pictures. We received an apology and some free tickets.
They did suggest we should have asked for a move at the time, but it doesn't sound like you had much confidence in the staff either.
I'd definitely email a complaint with the pictures, as it may go towards them addrressing some of the issues.
Thx. Do you happen to remember who you emailed?

You should definitely complain, at least so that they improve their service. We've stayed a few times in the NPBC before and never had issues like that, and particularly after the refurb the rooms were looking good, it's sad to see them in such a state.

You should definitely complain, at least so that they improve their service. We've stayed a few times in the NPBC before and never had issues like that, and particularly after the refurb the rooms were looking good, it's sad to see them in such a state.
I did sent an email with photos to 3 different emails I found online on Aug 5. No response yet.

Sorry for the slow reply....from memory I sent it to several different email addresses as you've done. Have you had a response yet?
Yes, but not an impressive one. A basic, this is not the DLP norm, here take a partial refund. Oh & we need all your banking info to wire it to you.

I have sent several e-mails each time to the generic address getting a response from a different CM. Each email was answered with a generic response that the information is inadequate. My DH has been in banking, domestic & international for over 2 decades & provided the necessary info 2x.

I finally got another email requesting our CC information. I am exasperated and politely told them that they could look it up in their system or stuff it. I never asked for reimbursement, simply assurance that the situation was dealt with, which I never actually got.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :sad2:
I have to admit that applying for our AP's yeterday was a pretty painful process....and unessesarily time consuming when we only had one day in the park.
I genuinely think they're much better at their PR than they were 10 years ago, but they still really miss the mark at times.
All the best pixiedust:

if the pix u posted are indicative of the room, it’s Gross and that black stuff... mold???
I hope you get a response and I’d also be sure to include their Much less than stellar cm interactions. Very disappointing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!