Is this true?

MrGrumpy222

Mouseketeer
I was told that you could rent a boat out onto the Seven Seas Lagoon for the fireworks. I know that you could rent large pontoon boats for "Magical Gatherings" with large groups but I was told they take out small groups of 5. I'm not so sure, I never heard of this and if so, is there a DVC member discount?
Cheers

DH and I went to the GF last year to watch the fireworks from the shore and there was a pontoon boat that went out with a guide and 2 guests. Too bad we didn't know them, we could have chipped in!

Bobbi :flower:

We did this about six or seven years ago. Since then the prices have sky-rocketed, so I suppose that's why we read less about it.

bicker said:
We did this about six or seven years ago. Since then the prices have sky-rocketed, so I suppose that's why we read less about it.

You're right. They have skyrocketed! We took the cruise every year and have now decided to stop. IMO they have priced themselves out of the market.

As bicker posted, the price for these have increased significantly! They used to be $120 - now they can run $200 and up. Read more -

Fireworks Cruises

Best wishes -

P.S. No DVC discount - no discounts at all, AFAIK

Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Board, there's a sticky to sign up for the cruises with other DISers to help with the cost:)

HTH!!..and have fun!

:sunny:

You're right. They have skyrocketed! We took the cruise every year and have now decided to stop. IMO they have priced themselves out of the market.
They may have priced themselves out of our market, but from I can tell, they're making as much money on this service as ever. If they run even less than half the number of cruises as they used to, they're still making lots more money! There are evidently lots of folks willing to pay a lot more than we are for this service, which effectively they've made more exclusive.

bicker said:
They may have priced themselves out of our market, but from I can tell, they're making as much money on this service as ever. If they run even less than half the number of cruises as they used to, they're still making lots more money! There are evidently lots of folks willing to pay a lot more than we are for this service, which effectively they've made more exclusive.

I'm sure your right. While we loved them, they aren't worth 200.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter