Is your trip still going ahead?

DH is currently looking into a vacation in Barbados instead of Florida!! It’s a whole different type of vacation and no idea what’s going to be available. Will need to be Covid-19 tested and have proof of results to email any resort at least 72 hours in advance AND need to take the letter to prove it. That’s gonna push it when Royal Mail still have post one delivery offices that’s over two weeks old.
The resort he picked looks nice and it’s tempting because it’s a warmer climate and relaxed all the extras are adding up though. We need to wait and see what BA are gonna do in regard to the flights and the USA government need to sort out their plan for the viral spread.

DH is currently looking into a vacation in Barbados instead of Florida!! It’s a whole different type of vacation and no idea what’s going to be available. Will need to be Covid-19 tested and have proof of results to email any resort at least 72 hours in advance AND need to take the letter to prove it. That’s gonna push it when Royal Mail still have post one delivery offices that’s over two weeks old.
The resort he picked looks nice and it’s tempting because it’s a warmer climate and relaxed all the extras are adding up though. We need to wait and see what BA are gonna do in regard to the flights and the USA government need to sort out their plan for the viral spread.
If you can remote work, Barbados are going to be offering year long visas so you can live there and work your UK job remotely!

There’s no chance that will happen. Although the idea at the moment is so tempting... My Great Uncle used to live there for a while and thoroughly loved it there. He only came home when his wife became sick and wanted to be closer to her family.
It would be the ideal place to ride all the craziness out.

There’s no chance that will happen. Although the idea at the moment is so tempting... My Great Uncle used to live there for a while and thoroughly loved it there. He only came home when his wife became sick and wanted to be closer to her family.
It would be the ideal place to ride all the craziness out.
Yeah it would be an ideal place to distance from the world!

I am jealous of me colleagues in Bermuda!

Thanks for sharing I think I’m gonna cancel our vacation soon too.. it’s not a great situation but at some point we need to call time on this debacle. It doesn’t look likely that they will let any international visitors through their borders any time soon nor will many want to go to Florida right now With all that’s happening.

Virgin just cancelled our outbound flight, just like I thought they would. I'm just glad they did it sooner rather than later.

Virgin just cancelled our outbound flight, just like I thought they would. I'm just glad they did it sooner rather than later.

Agreed. My contacts within Virgin are saying they expect the CDC ban on inward travel to the US to stay in place until after the election, as the current incumbent thinks it makes for a better image.

Agreed. My contacts within Virgin are saying they expect the CDC ban on inward travel to the US to stay in place until after the election, as the current incumbent thinks it makes for a better image.

I think it's hilarious that Trump thinks it's his ban stopping Europeans in, I don't think there is one EU country who wants to let their citizens travel to the US!!

Well BA cancelled our flights on 20th of this month, so after doing a live chat we are now waiting for a full refund to our bank account. Sad not to be going but we need to stay safe. There will hopefully be plenty of adventures ahead of us to come. It’s weird to think Disney offered us a free upgrade to the Contemporary Resort Lake View room for free if we kept the booking it just wasn’t feasible though mores the pity. Maybe one day ....

Well BA cancelled our flights on 20th of this month, so after doing a live chat we are now waiting for a full refund to our bank acco. Sad not to be going but we need to stay safe. There will hopefully be plenty of adventures ahead of us to come. It’s weird to think Disney offered us a free upgrade to the Contemporary Resort Lake View room for free if we kept the booking it just wasn’t feasible though mores the pity. Maybe one day ....
So sorry to hear this. We are still waiting to hear about our October trip. BA seem to be cancelling later and later, and still no news from US re. travel bans. My plan b. is a week in Athens. Hotel booked and flights only £100 each, so I may just risk it. But now BA strike threat in addition to Covid. ☹️😂
When were you booked to fly out? Do you have a plan b? C? Etc 😉

Hi Welsh Dragon, we were due to fly out 01 October our stay was for ten nights and would have returned 11 October. Our plan B is to get the windows replaced and decorate instead and hope in two years things calm down enough to pop back over the pond again. Trying to make the best of an ugly situation really.

Hi Welsh Dragon, we were due to fly out 01 October our stay was for ten nights and would have returned 11 October. Our plan B is to get the windows replaced and decorate instead and hope in two years things calm down enough to pop back over the pond again. Trying to make the best of an ugly situation really.
Thank you for sharing that. My BA flights are 19 and 31 October. No cancellation yet... but I sense that it is coming.

Well BA cancelled our flights on 20th of this month, so after doing a live chat we are now waiting for a full refund to our bank account. Sad not to be going but we need to stay safe. There will hopefully be plenty of adventures ahead of us to come. It’s weird to think Disney offered us a free upgrade to the Contemporary Resort Lake View room for free if we kept the booking it just wasn’t feasible though mores the pity. Maybe one day ....
I'll be honest, I was unimpressed that Disney made a big hoo hah with the 35% off for the loss of the free DDP knowing that UK guests would be unlikely to take advantage of it.
To be honest, I'm thinking of doing Hong Kong and Tokyo next year instead of WDW. I'm even considering adding on Anaheim as well in the same trip, that's if the cat will put up with me being away that long 😂🙀😂
I think WDW will be stupidly busy around Autumn next year if it's all back to normal by then.

I'll be honest, I was unimpressed that Disney made a big hoo hah with the 35% off for the loss of the free DDP knowing that UK guests would be unlikely to take advantage of it.
To be honest, I'm thinking of doing Hong Kong and Tokyo next year instead of WDW. I'm even considering adding on Anaheim as well in the same trip, that's if the cat will put up with me being away that long 😂🙀😂
I think WDW will be stupidly busy around Autumn next year if it's all back to normal by then.
Well the weather here at the moment, isn’t really selling ‘staycations’, that’s for sure. 🌬 🌧

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter