It's a sequel! AUGUST 2020 DCOM Exercise Challenge

We have color changes! sophy1996, Wendy1985, and I are all Proud Purple!

As a celebration, let's cover an important Disney Channel Movie about diversity and overcoming prejudice: The Color of Friendship!
This is a 2000 movie based on actual events in the 1970s about the friendship between two girls; Mahree & Piper, one from the US and the other from South Africa, who learn about tolerance and friendship while participating in a sort of foreign exchange program. Upon meeting each other, both Mahree and Piper have misconstrued notions about each other's countries: Mahree does not think that there are black politicians, only knowing the patriarch of her host family is "Congressman Dellums", and although Piper is expecting a South African exchange student, she does not realize there are white residents. Over the course of the movie they get to know each other and become best friends.

Congrats to PollyannaMom and Twilight Sparkle who have both achieved Proud Purple!

I'm going to be gone for a few days away from my laptop, so let's cover several movies today!

Zenon Girl of the 21st Century is a story about a young girl living in a space station with her family. When she gets in trouble, she's sent to Earth for the first time in her life to live with her Aunt, but while there she learns of a plot to destroy her precious Space Station and life as she knows it! This movie is famous for its silly made-up future slang.
The Zequel follows Zenon as she discovers aliens!
In Z3, Zenon saves the moon from colonization.

That's the Zenon trilogy in a nut shell!

Minutemen is another comedy/sci-fi/adventure about three high school kids who invent a 10 minute time machine to spare others just like them from the humiliation they've endured. I have fond memories of watching the premier as a kid.

And now for something totally different: Quints! As the title suggests, this Disney Channel Original Movie is about a young girl's struggle to cope with the reality of 5 baby siblings coming into her life. At first she's grateful to be out from under the ever-watchful eyes of her parents for once, but of course it's all a little more complicated than that.

I'm back from a trip back home. My Aunt got remarried and I got to meet my brother's fiancee for the first time. Woohoo! I didn't get much exercise in while I was away but I squeezed in a little tiny bit.

And we have a few color changes to share! Liddypool and DRussell88 have both reached Proud Purple.
In their honor we'll talk about the Wizards of Waverly Place Movie.
This is based around the Wizards of Waverly Place TV show about the magical Russo family whose children are learning to master magic in hopes of being chosen to be the family wizard. The family wizard is the only one who can keep their magic powers while the other kids will have to give theirs up. This movie specifically follows the Russo family as they vacation to the Caribbean. While there, Alex wishes that her parents had never met and she has to team up with her brothers to reverse the spell.

And in honor of ljcrochet who has reached Ripping Red we'll cover Rip Girls.
Rip Girls is a lesser known Disney Channel movie about a 13-year-old girl name Sydney who learns to surf while visiting Hawaii for the first time to see a plantation she inherited. She makes new friends and comes to love the island, so she has to choose whether to keep the plantation or sell it to become a vacation resort which would ruin the local culture.

765 minutes since last check in - horses, walking

2195/2500

I haven't seen many of these movies, but I did see Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie. It was cute, but I like the series better. Rip Girls sounds like one I'd enjoy.

Sounds like you had a nice trip, Elizabeth Smith. I'm sure it was great to see family again!

Thank you! Fortunately we are in no physical danger. A huge fire years ago saw my MIL (only 45 minutes from us) having to evacuate, but thankfully nothing like that in the cards this time.

Glad you guys are safe! If I had to choose one natural disaster to never face, I think it would be wildfires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!